Might be coincidence or maybe it works...

About time

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this - but I just wanted to share having been trying for a baby for two years.
The odds were not in my favour, my cycle is long (60 days or more) and the doctor found polycystic ovaries when I was 16. Although, having mentioned the PCOS can I stress that my GP was always adament that although this meant it migh take me longer to conceive that it would not stop me (in case any PCOS ladies out there are reading this).
Anyway, two years after trying to conceive I thought it was getting pretty hopeless, and I was sure that on at least 3 occasions me and my husband definitely caught that ovulation at precisely the right time - but nothing.

Then in September I started taking the conception multivitimins but not only this but I took a months worth of agnus cactus (as I was eager to shorten my cycle and my GP said it wouldnt hurt to try agnus cactus for a month to see if this worked.

Well I didn't conceive in October, and you know what its like, you think, damn why havent I conceived after trying vitamins and all through my last cycle. Then I kept taking the vitamins and AC into October, stopping the AC after 6 weeks. Surprisingly I noticed I had another period in November (which was strange as this meant that perhaps the AC had in fact shortened my cycle.

I was no longer on AC through December but remained on the vits, maybe not as vigourously, but defintely taking them a few times a week.

To my absolute shock, at the very end of December I got my positive pregnancy test.

Its still really early days and at present we don't know where the pregnancy is yet, its not showing on scan just yet, but hoping to catch a glimpse next week.

Anyway, I think I just wanted to post this as of course it may all be coincidence or there may be something in it, but as some of you will know, two years of trying can make you feel completely helpless, frustrated and annoyed at the rest of the world around you who seem to be so easily getting pregnant without even trying.

So, thats my story, if you think there could be something in it, then I am glad x x

Thanks for sharing, always gives us TTC ladies hope :flower:

Again, massive congrats on your news :)

xxxxxx

Aww why thanks for sharing your story! It's a real heartwarmer!
Huge congratulations and I hope everything goes well for you!
Xx

Thanks for your sharing your journey with all of us ladies in ttc :)

Just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world for your pregnancy,you clearly deserve it!!

xxxxx

Congratulations! You really deserve it!

Thank you so much for sharing your story! It gives us other TTC ladies hope! Hope that it WILL work for us as well one day! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back