• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Midwifes appointment today - what a plonker !

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Well that flipping midwife that booked me in at 10 weeks, yes the one who told me they don't take bloods at booking in!!!! only went and gave me an appointment for 16 weeks (well actually 17 now), She wrote it in my notes and then forgot to do the computer bit after! she did it for another 3 ladies for the same afternoon and also booked 3x 20 mns slots for 3 ladies for booking in!! instead of 1 hr slots.

So we waited for 1 hour 45 mins before going in, and the poor midwife in there looked knackered trying to catchup the mess.

They finally took my first bloods today!

The good news tho, I heard the baby's heartbeat 156bpm and all seems well even after the cvs test yayyyy

Do midwifes not measure your belly or check where top uterus is anymore, apart from the doppler, and my scans, no one has yet touched my belly? things have really changed.

Nehxt appointment is at 28 weeks as I'm not a first timer!! blimey!!:shakehead:

Heh, my next appointment isn't untill 28weeks and I AM a first timer!! :S I cant believe that I've had to go 10 weeks without any contect with my midwife at all! I got ma belly poked at my booking in appointment and that was it, no poking since :( I wanna be poked!

xx

That midwife sounds like a right dozy mare! After I got seen at 16 weeks I got seen at 23 weeks (actually was 24 weeks as I have a dozy mare of a midwife too that 'forgot' to put me in the book and they went home early that day!) and my next one was at 28 weeks then the one is 32 weeks and this isn't my first either. I guess it's different everywhere?

Oh and I got my tummy felt at my 23 week apointment not my 16 week one if it's any help?

Won't you see the midwife after your 20 week scan?

At 16 weeks the m/w felt my uterus but didn't measure the fundus height. I think they start measuring at 25 weeks (for first timers obviously) and I guess 28 weeks for everyone else...?

I had 28 week bloods done Weds, had fundal height measured, urine and bp check and heard heartbeat. I see my Doctor at 31 weeks as he likes to get involved, consultant at 34 weeks and midwife again at 36 weeks xxx

yes i am having to 10 weeks from 15 weks to 25 before i see the midwife again xxx

16 weeks until 28 weeks for me before seeing the MW again, but have to go for a check up with the doctor at 25 or 26 weeks with or health clinic. I think it seems a long time, especially as it is my first, but i guess they don't see a need to see us.

I didn't have tummy measured or felt just heard babies heart beat.

They only start measuring bumps from 24 weeks so you might not get yours measured until your 1st app after this ie 28 weeks, it does seem such a long time :oooo: I only heard baby's heart beat for 1st time at 32 week check up and they haven't weighed me since booking in!!!:shock:

Measured mine at 16 weeks, but that wasnt my midwife, it was a substitute, Mine is useless.

i hate the midwives i aint seen mine in ages due to go at 28 weeks but my docs doesnt have jus one midwife they have like 10 so i never c the same one they dont know me and they cant get u out quick enough when i have a problem i ring hospital cos dont even know how to contact a midwife sucks xx

My bump was measured yesterday for the first time at my 25 week appointment :)

im back at the hospital in 4 weeks time to see some other blood doc and back on the 8th sept to find the sex of the baby and then gotta go to my drs a few weeks after x

Hi jj, what a messing about, I had my 16week app on mon and from the blood tests at booking in app it had showed I had a urine infection but noone contacted me to let me know. Thought that was disgusting. I heard heart beat too 152 pm which was lovely. I asked her to feel my belly as it is so tender and solid low down but she wasnt going to. When is your 20wk n are you finding out sex? I am I cant wait x

I am a first timer and had booking in at 8 weeks, scan at 12 , heartbeat check up at 15 wks with midwife, 20 week scan and see my midwife next in 2weeks at 25weeks fee lost having shared care as i spend most of my ppts going over stuff

Just seen on another thread your 20wk scan is same day as mine 27th :) xxxx

I had bump measured at 25 weeks not my 16 week app. My m/w did the same as yours, wrote in my notes when my app was but put on the computer for the week after so they wasn't expecting me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back