Going for a routine antenatal appointment tommorow...

Tatum29

Reaction score
...I'm in week 16 and the last time I saw the midwife was for my booking in appointment 6 weeks ago (I've had my 13 week scan in between, all was well). Anyway, at my booking in appointment I had all my bloods done - the main ones for HIV and the other STD's, as well as blood grp, rubella, blood count etc...at the time the midwife told me they would only call me with the results if something was wrong, otherwise I wouldn't hear from them. It's now 6 weeks later and I never got a call back, so I can assume all is okay right...?

I know my results will be written in my book at my appointment tommorow, but after 6 weeks I guess I can assume they are normal..? I would have heard back during the last 6 weeks if something was wrong right? They told me they would call if there was a problem and they didn't, which I guess means no news is good news!! I know the NHS is slow, but they must have got the results back before now.

I'm rambling now LOL I guess I'm just nervous about my apointment tommorow - I know it's silly but I'm quite phobic about Doctors etc, so I get nervous about tests and results etc.

They would have definitely called you by now if they needed to. I wouldn't have thought there was any need for you to worry - although I know its hard not too.

Good luck for tomorrow :hug:

you should be fine hun, if there was anything to worry about then they would have let you know

good luck with your appointment

Thanks - I think I'm just worrying needlessly! I know the midwife would have called during the last 6 weeks if there was a problem, but she hasn't, so technically I know all is fine BUT I worry anyway LOL I don't know why I worry over this kind of thing, most people wouldn't think twice about it...sigh...I'll get the results tommorow anyway, I'm assuming they'll be fine, otherwise I'd know about it by now. 6 weeks is a long time, even for the NHS LOL

I'll be fine, just pre-appointment nerves! :doh:

I had tests and they said they'd call if there was a prob. I never heard anything and nothing was mentioned at next appointment so i wouldn't worry at all.
It's natural to be nervous, I'm panicky about every little thing!
:hug:

Don't worry they would of called if something was wrong.

Good luck for your appointment they might let you hear the heartbeat too.

Thanks for the reality check guys - I wish I was more chilled out about this kind of thing, but I hate having tests of any kind and I always worry! I know deep down that I would have heard by now if something was wrong, I just need to accept that instead of worrying myself!

I hope the midwife will use the Doppler tommorow, it'll be great to hear the heartbeat! :)

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow

Regarding your test results - they will be in your notes or added to your notes tomorrow so u can see them. But as everyone else said they would have called if something is wrong. No news is good news!

Good luck tommorow
And don't worry i never heard back after my blood tests so they ment it when they said that there is no need to ring if everything is fine.
:hug:

Thank you all so much! I see the midwife in about two hours, I'm hoping to hear the baby's heartbeat :)

Yeah, i wouldnt worry. My MW said the same to me, that theyd only contact me if there was anyting wrong, so its good you havent heard from them! :hug:

Good luck at the MW later, i love hearing the heartbeat :D x

Thanks everyone!

Saw the midwife, she wrote my blood results in my book and they were all normal, thank goodness! I thought they would be as I had the bloods done 6 weeks ago and they would have called if something was wrong, but it was nice to have it confirmed. Relief! :)

I had my wee tested as usual and that was normal too!

I got to hear baby's heartbeat - it was nice and healthy and the baby was fidgeting around all over the place! The midwife was very happy with that and so was I!

Had my BP checked and she said it was high! Yikes! It was 140/85! :eek: I explained I was nervous and she checked it again and it had gone down to 140/78 (the reading at my last appointment was 140/76). She logged the second reading in my book and said it was "okay", although I think she had a hard time believing anxiety causes my BP to spike! She said it's the second number that they concern themselves with and said that 76 or 78 was fine! Phew! She was not happy with the original 85 though! Should I worry about this? ??? Normally when my GP checks my BP, it's about 128/73, so if you look at the second number, 76/78 isn't that much different. She said the first number is more of an indication of how you're feeling, so she wasn't bothered by the 140. Thoughts?

I don't see the midwife now for another 8 weeks. I'll be 24 weeks at my next antenatal, although I will have my anatomy scan in between now and then though! (12th feb).

So basically, all is fine - little hiccup with the first BP reading, but nothing drastic and baby's doing great! :D

Glad it went well! :D

I never heard back about my 16 week bloods either. I see midwife at 28 weeks so I imagine she'll confirm the results then.

I had my 16week bloods yeasterday and she took my BP which was 120/80, she said it's the second bit they worry about too, she said mine was fine at 80 so if you are 78 you will be fine. :D

jendav81 said:
I had my 16week bloods yeasterday and she took my BP which was 120/80, she said it's the second bit they worry about too, she said mine was fine at 80 so if you are 78 you will be fine. :D

Ah, that's good then, thanks a lot, I was alittle worried about my BP reading!

Thanks everyone for the reassurnace and advice - I'm a very paranoid pregnent woman, even though i've done it all before...sigh... :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back