MICRONOR ~ Help !

Sarah-Jane

Reaction score
Hi folks, i'm new to the forum and hope to be a regular visitor, but for now, i'd really appreciate any advice offered on this matter.

I'm 30 in September and have been TTC for over 2 years without success. I'm going on holiday for a week in Sept, and after years of excruciatingly painful periods, I went to the doc and asked to be put on the mini-pill (i'm very overweight so any other type wasn't suitable) in order to 1) STOP me having my period on my holiday, and 2) hopefully increase my chances of conceiving when i stop taking the pill, which i've been told is quite common.

What's confusing me is, i've been put on Micronor, and this is a continuous, 28 day pill. So.. if it's continuous without a break every month, how do I stop my period coming in Sept?

I was on the 21 day pill for years, and every now and then would start the next packet without a break, hense not getting a period that month. But.. how does it work with Micronor?

Also, PLEASE can anyone with the same kind of experience tell me... DOES your fertility really increase when coming off the pill, or is that just an old wives' tale?

Thanks in advance
SJ xxx

If you know which pills are the dummy ones for the break then you could skip those ones and go to the next packet.

I have seen cases of people with increased fertility after coming of the pill but sadly i wasnt one of them.

Hope this helps and good luck with your TTC journey

Hello and welcome!

Right then, I was on the combined pill for about 8 years and during this time, would often skip the break to avoid the bleed.

Then went onto the mini pill which you have to take continuously and as you say, there is no way of stopping the AF (Aunt Flo) coming. You just have to wait for it. Saying that, I was on one (curses - cant remember the smegging name, sorry) and it made me very irregular. I sometimes went 7 weeks with no AF so maybe Micronor stops the AF all together?

Been off for over four months after taking the pill for 10 years and still not pg but I have heard of people getting pg quickly as you get a fertility surge after stopping. I also got back to a fairly regular cycle quite quickly.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Alice x

i was on the pill that you take everyday and there is no way of telling when your period is coming and no way of stopping it (that i know of anyway). I stopped taking the pill a few months ago and im not pregnant so i dont think that theory is right :lol:

Thanks for the replies, ladies... I feel so down today.
I was on Depo-Provera injections for 18 months, and when I stopped having the injections, didn't have a proper period for over a year. Then it was irregular for about 6 months.
DP and I have been trying for over 2 yrs now with no success and to top it off, the last 4 months, I have been bleeding between periods again.
It was that which made my doc put me on Depo in the first place, and it seems it's starting all over again.

Not only am I bleeding heavily enough to use a large panty-liner, but i'm actually getting smallish clots in it aswell as mild cramps.
My periods had started to become regular (28 or 29 day cycle) but now it's anything between 27 and 33.

I just feel so low about everything.. i'm enormously overweight, almost 30 and just seem to be getting nowhere.
Is it normal to get clots in mid-cycle bleeding??
I had the 21 day test to see if I ovulate a few months ago, and everything was fine, so now it's just a case of gauging WHEN I ovulate, and aside from not being able to afford month after month's worth of testing strips, I just don't seem to have the will to wake myself each morning and take temps etc.

I'm sorry to sound so gloomy, guys.. but sometimes, ya know.. I just need someone to talk to who understands.
I'm crying my eyes out typing this.. why is it so hard to achieve what comes naturally to so many that often don't even want it. :wall: :cry:

Hi

Welcome, sorry your going through such a rough time with this i have no idea how to stop it, i hear it can increase fertility going off of it, i fell pregnant with Kiara while on tri cyclin so anything can ahppen.
Wish you the best of luck hoep you come back here often.
Katrina

Never made any difference with me, i've heard that the depo provera has made it hard to concieve as it takes a while to get out of your system.
Also (don't mean to sound rude at all) losing weight can help conception if you are very overweight.
I can't take any contraception pills, they give me severe headaches.

Hey chick,
i'm overweight too, and its messing with my cycles... its the main thing i'm concentrating on at the moment, trying to get my weight down a bit.
I was also on Depo, and it helped me put more weight on, i came off it in 2001 and i think it took nearly 18 months before i got my periods back.

And because of my all over the place cycles (well they used to be really bad) i've been on most different versions of the pill, but not the one you're on, so i have no idea about it.

It sounds so horrible coming from someone else, but losing weight is possibly the best way to sort out your cycles, i've only lost a few kilos' and my cycle length has changed (and shocked me!)

xox

Thanks so much again, guys.. and don't worry about the weight comments, i'ts TRUE! Although I ovulate normally, i have no doubts that if I WERE to conceive, the extra weight would play hell on my joints, and the baby, im sure.
I've been and bought some of that Adios to try (herbal slimming tablets), so let's hope that with a better diet and some will power, I can knock this fat right off and SOON! :dance:

Will keep you all posted on the losing weight sticky about my progress..
Thanks again girls,
SJ XXX

MICRONOR: Beware using this pill. I know all people are different, but i had very very bad experience with this pill and thought I would share.

With this pill there can be negative effects. I started this pill in Sept 2012 after I gave birth to my second child. I took it for almost 1 year, the entire time I breastfed him and didn't have a period at all. I then stopped taking the pill in June 2013 because my hubby and I wanted another child. It is now November 2014 and I still haven't been able to concieve. I was told be a nurse that the pill can build up a lining on your uterus and it can take 1-1/2 years to shed it. Because your body doesn't have a period your old stuff doesn't have a place to go and just builds up. And to top it off, the pills made me stop producing eggs. I had to be put on Provera (Not DEPO) so that it would help me produce progesterone and I would start making eggs again. So be wary of this pill. I will never as long as I live take another birth control pill again. This pill messed me up so bad!! It has been about 1-1/2 years since I stopped taking them. I am currently 4 days late with negative tests.

I'm hoping to be pregnant, but not banking on it because Feb 2014 was when I didn't have a period at all and my body had stopped making eggs so I couldn't concieve then. I'm praying that this isn't the case this time. I don't wanna have to go back on pills to make me ovulate and make eggs again.

I have been on micronor for few years and have had a period each month it has never stopped mine, I have recently come off and was wondering will I fall quicker as I had periods all the way through taking the pill

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back