Messy first AF after loss

kellybears

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping you can give me some advice as my body's doing some weird things and I don't know what's going on. I'm hoping someone's been through something similar. I m/c last month and opted for a natural m/c (the baby hadn't developed I thought I was 12 weeks but the empty sac measured 5 weeks). 2 weeks afterwards I was scanned and given the all clear (22nd Sep). I also did a pregnancy test at the hospital and it was negative so they sent me home.

On the 13th Oct I got my first AF and for the first week it was really heavy and I've been passing huge lumps of tissue (sorry tmi!). I'm still losing blood and other things this week although not quite as heavy and on Friday it will be 2 weeks since it started. Much longer than my normal AF. Has anyone experienced the same thing? Why did I get the all clear from the hospital if there was still so much left to come out? Can anyone help with this? Thanks xx

First of all hun so so sorry for your loss :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

After both of my losses, the first few AF's were very heavy and painful and passing clots still. They didnt last longer than a week though but i didnt bleed as long as some during the miscarriages either (from spotting to passing baby and finishing bleeding it was about 12 days each time).

TMI i know but does it smell at all or are you in alot more pain than normal? It could be a sign of infection and also if you are running a fever or feel unwell i would just get checked out hun.

Are you doing ok hun?

Here if you need to talk :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks for your message Sarah xx :hug:

I ended up going to the hospital to get checked out last night after passing loads of tissue again in the bath. My partner was amazing and wanted to make sure I was ok and it was all normal so he took me. I told them everything and they put my mind at rest, saying that everything that was happening was normal and to be expected. It's the equivelant of all those missed periods in one go and the tissue is just whats been built up through the pregnancy. The only time I should go back is if I'm in severe pain or the blood loss is so heavy I'm soaking pads all the time.

To be honest, it made me feel so much better. To know that this is normal and there's nothing else going wrong. I don't think I could have taken any more bad news! Hopefully this will stop soon so I can get myself ready to TTC again.

Hey Kelly, sorry to hear about your loss :( must be very hard for you..

When i m/c, i was nearly 7 weeks, and i had medical management with it and i bled for about 6 weeks :( it took absolutely ages, the first 2 weeks were so so heavy...

this was back in June, so its been about 4 months now, and ive had a couple of normal periods since, and my cycles are entirely messed up and all over the place! like i'll bleed for 4 days or something and then it'll go, then i'll start bleeding again after another 5 days on and off. i just don't know... But i think what you are getting is completely normal, i wouldnt worry unless you are in a lot of pain or start bleeding extremely heavily for a long period of time hun.

Take care
xx

No problem hun im glad everything is ok.

After my first one my periods went to between 31 and 35 days (i had been on the pill before when i fell on), then averaged at 33 days a couple of months before i fell on. Took 7 months to conceive the second time....my periods are i think back to normal again but i havent been keeping note so not real sure as i have no reason to keep an eye on them now!!!

I hope you are ok hun and get yourself into TTC...they are all lovely in there when your ready to join them! Good luck and i hope your not there too long :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i guess i was lucky in the sense that my periods returned to normal but just a bit heavier. the emotional pain was alot harder to deal with. it still brings back horrible memories. hopefully they'll settle down for u soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ButterflyMom
Back