first AF?

trixipaws

Reaction score
for those with early losses, when should i expect first AF? i started bleeding just a couple days after my BFP would it be 4 weeks (ish) since then? or would it be since i stopped bleeding 2 weeks later? :think: really want to know my cycle length so can do NFP. at the moment we got no condoms in so i havent got any all this week so far! :(
oh and iv heard first AF is heavier, is this true? altho i heard m/cs are heavy too but mine wasnt! and first AF post-partum too mine wasnt heavy either!

please tell me what to expect. when it will arrive and how long it might last. thanx

Got no idea hun sorry, i would like to know too so that we can TTC again. I had a missed m/c though and so had to have the d+c and the midwife at the hospital told me could be up to about 6/7 weeks before i get another AF so i'm totally in the dark. We are trying again straight away so i know my situation is a lot different to yours but it would be nice for both of us to know when we are ovulating for opposite reasons lol :hug:

To be honest, you can't really 'expect' it at any time, I'm afraid, love. Your body needs to take time to sort itself out hormonally because it's just had a huge shock to the system. My first cycle after my mc was 33 days, which is just about average for me, and that was counting from the start of the miscarriage as day 1. AF at the end of it was a normal length - about 3 days. My next cycle was longer that that (and AF was a day longer, as well) actually, but it was a pretty stressful month (my cat got killed by a car and I had to have some teeth pulled), so it's possible my ov was delayed because of that, but there's just no way to know how long it will take for your body to sort itself out. Best just to keep temping and all will become clear in the end. :hug:

Melissa

ah. well iv no idea what my cycle lengths are coz iv never had them (spent all my fertile life either pregnant, BFing or on the pill so never had any "real" cycles!)

but assuming they are 28 days, if i count from first day of mc bleeding then i should get AF on 16th? i am getting AF-type cramps today, and some little voice in my head i am trying to ignore is reminding me that i dont usually get AF cramps, however i DID get cramps when preg with millie! i'm TRYING not to get hopes up, because we only had unprotected sex ONCE since mc, and iv no idea if it was fertile time or not, or even if i am fertile at all straight after a mc? and we're not even ttc yet so i shouldnt be hoping for a bfp, i cant help it tho :doh:

anyway even if i dont get the bfp i secretly (well, not secretly really coz i'm telling y'all lol but ykwim) hope for, i would still be happy to get AF as "second choice" because then i can find out my cycle length and temp properly.

so, see i am eager! eager for my body to give me some news as to whats going on! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back