Still getting cramps 2 weeks after d&c...

H16

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had a D&C 2 weeks ago today.....I'm still bleeding, it will be heavy for few days then really light for few days then heavy again etc.

Was still passing what looked like more pregnancy tissue last week so went to GP who sent me to hospital. GP asked hospital to scan me to ensure no pregnancy tissue was retained but hospital refused. They did an internal, told me my cervix was closed and asked me to do a pregnancy test in 3 weeks if I am still bleeding to ensure no tissue retained.

Still bleeding now but not passed any tissue for few days now. I still have really painful cramping every day though (same cramps I had when I started miscarrying) - just wondering if anyone else still had cramps 2 weeks after their D&C or if I should be concerned? Feel like if I raise my concerns again to the NHS I will just be seen as a crazy lady who lost her baby and can't cope or something.

Hi sweetie, I am so sorry for your loss.

I had a D&C 3 weeks ago on Sunday passed. I had cramps that day and for a couple of days after that then it went back to normal. I was having what felt like af cramps a few days ago and have had nothing since.

As far as bleeding, I had that for a day or 2 and then nothing and I have had nothing since. I would say that voicing your concerns would be a good thing as there could be an infection possibly and 2 weeks with a lot of bleeding and pain is not good.

I am sorry you are going through this hon but I really would suggest seeing a doctor again and insisting that someone checks you over.

Let us know sweet and good luck.

Lee-Ann xx

hey hun i would go get checked out to rule out infection darling! xxx hope you are ok sweets

Hiya sorry for ur loss.. It does not seem right to me with my first mc and erpc I bled on and off for 3 weeks no cramps tho realy and no clots just light bleeding with second one which was 8 weeks ago I bled for 2 days no cramps but didn't get a negative hpt till 5 weeks later it took ages for the hcg hormone to get out my system,I would go bk to ur gp or even ring the epu and say look I'm worried I want a scan sometimes the nhs are total arseholes grr xx

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this on top of everything else. I'd really not expect you to still be passing tissue if the ERPC was carried out properly, the fact that they won't scan you suggests something isn't right here.

Following my natural MC of a blighted ovum I got really poorly about two/three weeks later. Bleeding turned dark brown at times and smelled awful, I got a sky high temp, really low BP, seriously dehydrated, banging headache - I could hardly walk. They did a scan expecting to see RPC but there wasn't anything there. Just really unlucky to get a random nasty infection.

Look out for these signs, just incase. I'm not saying that you've got an infection or trying to panic you. I just want to share my experience with this in the hope that other people can recognise when to push hospitals to do something, I don't want anyone being in the danger I faced at that time.

I really hope you feel better soon, but if you don't, please go to A&E and kick them until they look at you properly. Take care and stay safe xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back