Messed up periods...mini pill question etc.

zebrastripes

Reaction score
Yesterday morning the painters decided to move in. However it was really really light, and it died off completely by evening. I'd been having serious PMS and general period symptons for a few days before so when it came along I was all "oh that explains it". However it's annoyed me a bit that it stopped: I was wondering why it would be so messd up? I vaguely remember my GP telling me when she put me on the mini pill that it can make one's periods quite light and erratic? Has anybody else found this to be the case?

I don't want erratic periods! it'll really annoy me, cause if I don't know more or less exactly when I'm due, I'll suffer pregnancy paranoia all the time :lol: :lol: (that's another story for another time, but basically I could have my cooch sewn up, as well as a lack of sex life, and I'd still be paranoid :lol: )

i dont kno hun, my periods are messed up too, grrr! iv had pregnancy paranoia already (even took a test the other week!) and iv had to begrudgingly spend money on sanitary wear, plus suffer the inconvenience of not being able to wear my prettiest pants. GRR! really really annoying sorry i cant help but i kno how u feel! :hug:

I've been on and off the mini pill for at least 4 years and my periods were all over the place. I could have 3 or 4 small bleeds during the month or sometimes I would just get random periods, they could go from every 10 days to 5 or 6 weeks, I just never knew when to expect one. I've just recently gone back onto the combined pill cos I had had enough.

I was on the combined pill for years and my periods were very light and pretty regular (though when I mucked up taking it they stopped altogether... oh wait... that would be because I was pregnant!).

When I went for my 6 week check my GP suggested Cerazette because it would probably be a bit more reliable than the combined pill (!) and I'd lose weight easier on that than I would on the combined pill. I've only been on it 2 months but mood swings have been horrendous. I've had 2 periods with 6 weeks between them, both very light. I know what you mean about the pregnancy paranoia!

I've got to go back to have it reviewed before I get a repeat prescription so if my GP can shed any light on it I'll let you know!

Good, glad it's not just me then....mini pill seems to either work really well or just be a total pain.....typically it is the latter for me, but I'll just have to persevere til i stop breastfeeding, then it's hello normal pill

daftscotslass said:
I was on the combined pill for years and my periods were very light and pretty regular (though when I mucked up taking it they stopped altogether... oh wait... that would be because I was pregnant!).

When I went for my 6 week check my GP suggested Cerazette because it would probably be a bit more reliable than the combined pill (!) and I'd lose weight easier on that than I would on the combined pill. I've only been on it 2 months but mood swings have been horrendous. I've had 2 periods with 6 weeks between them, both very light. I know what you mean about the pregnancy paranoia!

I've got to go back to have it reviewed before I get a repeat prescription so if my GP can shed any light on it I'll let you know!

I got pregnant on Cerazette! :doh: :shakehead: :shhh:

Lainey hun it's all good... he doesn't get near me without the pills and 42 condoms. That's when he gets near me at all. :rotfl: :rotfl:

daftscotslass said:
Lainey hun it's all good... he doesn't get near me without the pills and 42 condoms. That's when he gets near me at all. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Well stay away from the toilet seat too.......as that's the only way I could have got pregnant towards the end of that relationship! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't call Mhairi my "Miracle" for nothing! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I went on the mini pill about 6 years back, and my periods went from 4 days long to 19. So it certainly messed mine up!!!!!!!!!

Hope you get it sorted soon - great if they are lighter though :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back