Mini pill and messed up periods

Emma58

Reaction score
I have been put on Loriday mini pill i don't finish this strip until Monday next week and was not expecting a period until next week.

I have just started bleeding lightly this afternoon :wall: which is damn annoying.

Is the mini pill known for messing up your cycle? I hate not knowing when AF is going to arrive i like it all to be precise.
Obviously I have only been taking it for about three weeks so maybe my body is still adjusting to it.

Gahhh i hate taking the pill.

I've been on the mini pill for two months now and not had a period at all. Had really light bleeding when I firststarted taking it but that's it really. As far as I know it is possible for you to never have a period on the mini pill - or in some cases bleed constantly.

Apologies in advance for TMI but, i don't seem to be bleeding now just the odd streak when i wipe nothing on my pad could just be a breakthrough bleed.

I used to have loads of break through bleeds on the mini pill. I never knew from 1 day to the next when my period was due either.

This morning :wall: more like a proper period bleed so i really don't know what is going on it is only 3 weeks since my last period.

gosh how crazy! i was on noriday for a bit when i was BFing after millie turned 5 months (before that relied solely on BFing) and i had no bleeding at all. but then i went on cilest (the "full" pill!) after i stopped BFing earlier this year and for the first few cycles i didnt have bleeds either- even on pill breaks!

then just recently i bled constantly for bout 2 weeks despite taking the pill perfectly every day :wall: :wall: :wall:

iv just tried coming off pill (on day 5 now) and voila bleeding has stopped! its bizarre isnt it how our "womens' issues" lol are all fooked after we have babies. mad!

Well I thought the bleeding had stopped seemed to finish my period on Sunday. But after me and OH di the deed last night I was bleeding again :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: .

I have now got up this morning and nothing :doh:

I think i might just stop taking it.

I'm exactly the same!

Started on the mini pill about 6 weeks ago. Had a period start 3 weeks ago, finished up, then got another one less that two weeks later. Still on after a week! Also bled after any naughtiness :shakehead:

Back at docs on Tuesday am going to demand the proper pill as this is shit!

I'm at the docs in an hour to change it i've been constantly lightly bleeding and it is driving me mad :wall: i have to constantly have a pad on 'just in case' :roll:

Don't know what i'm going to change to tho can't have combined pill because of Migraine - so who knows what i'll end up with.

The only answer is Celibacy i think :talkhand:

When I was breastfeeding my 2nd I was on the mini pill for about 6 months. I didn't have any bleeding at all for about 5 months then the last month or so it was almost constant on and off, every couple of days. So frustrating. I switched back onto the combined pill cos although they said it might affect my milk supply, I was willing to take the chance to stop the bleeding. Turns out my milk supply carried on fine till I had to give up when she wouldn't stop biting me!

When b/f my 3rd I was on mini pill and didn't have any bleeding. I started to stop the feeding around 9-10 months and went onto the combined pill but think I must have messed it up somewhere along the way cos we're now expecting number 4 and I haven't even had a period since December 2006!

Dating scan tomorrow should let us know when we actually conceived! Think I was just rubbish at remembering to take mini pill at the same time every day! So everyone please be careful!

Well, I saw my GP and it was a complete waste of time i came out of there :evil:

Basically she explained it could take 2 -3 months for my body to adjust to it and give it time to see if it settles.

The only other options I have are -

Implant :talkhand: don't fancy that

Injection Had that before and gave me terrible headaches

Or the coil :roll: which i might try if the mini pill doesn't settle down.

I'm really fed up now the fact she was running an hour late and never apologised and I'd been sat there with a very restless Sam didn't help either.

I can't have the combined because of migraine (used to have it for years). I am going to ask for it tomorrow when I see the docs though because I can't stick this on off bleeding, it's such an interruption!

I took the mini pill cerazette before I stopped for TTC!
It was great and I didnt have any periods (which was what i wanted)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back