mini-pill

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty & Dieting' started by trixipaws, Nov 18, 2007.

1. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

millies over 5 months old now and we've kinda started weaning her so im back on the pill, but as i am still BFing it has to be the mini-pill.

i was prescribed one called cerazette, but i took one yesterday and it made me feel really really queasy, like morning sickness! :puke:
    im going back to the docs for a new one, has anyone experienced this and which brand did u go for afterwards? are there any other ones that can cause sickness?

2. Gemma & Jake

Gemma & Jake Well-Known Member

I was on Cerazette but I didn't get any sickness with it. I did have really irregular bleeding though. Are you sure that it's the pill making you feel sick?

3. SarahH

SarahH Well-Known Member

I'm on a mini-pill called Femulin and it is fine for me... the regular pill made me feel sick and yucky

Hope you get sorted out at the GP's

4. annem

annem Well-Known Member

be careful with the mini pill though. You need to take it perfectly. I used to take mine at 8am but forgot one day and took it at 6pm and look what i'm expecting :D

5. trixipaws

im pretty sure as i didnt take it y'day or today and i dont feel sick. i got a new one today but havent dispensed the scrip yet.

6. zebrastripes

zebrastripes Well-Known Member

I'm on cerazette,bled like anything for ages,but haven't had anything since.

I'm getting the implant soon,you can take that when bf according to my GP

7. trixipaws

i got a new one today called noriday. not taken it yet coz apparently i need the results of a routine pregnancy test first (which the other doc last week failed to tell me about :roll: also failed to tell me the mini pill doesnt work for the first week ur on it :shock: good job im probably covered by BFing anyway! stoopid doc imagine if i wasnt BFing and merrily sh*gging away thinking i was covered when im not!)

so get the test result on thursday then can take the pill then.

8. kellie80

kellie80 Well-Known Member

I'm on Noriday and haven't had any problems with it yet. I was on cerezette before I had Aimee and I just bled all the time and that seems to be quite common with that one.

9. zebrastripes

zebrastripes Well-Known Member

Watch out because although it doesn't work at all for the first week it doesn't work very well for the first month. :shock:

LOL imagine if the pregnancy test came back positive :shock: :shock: :shock: