Sterilisers

Frizzy

Reaction score
Morning ladies

I am after some advice regarding sterilisers, I think I have got my head round the 3 basic types - cold water, steam or microwave. I plan to breastfeed but am hoping to also express so DH can be involved and was planning on using the Dr Brown bottles, does anybody know if these are ok to use whilst breastfeeding?

The only Dr Brown steriliser I have found is a microwave one which it says is sterile until opened, what happens if I have sterilised 3 bottles and open it for 1 bottle - do the others have to be re-sterilised?

I don't think I really understand how this all works - I had only heard of the cold water sysems until now so any advice is really appreciated.

Thank you

You can use any bottle/teat you like with BF'ing, it will be your baby who tells you if they like it or not :hug: I used Tommee Tippee CTN (closer to nature) bottles and teats with BF'ing, and Isaac was fine with those, maybe try Dr.Brown's first, then be prepared for a change if baby isn't happy :) though some babies never take to the teat for a while at first, so also worth thinking about :hug:

We used a cold water steriliser, as I was unsure of the opening and closing issue you mention :lol: I found it really simple, add water and tablet, pop everything in it, get out as desired, re-do water and tablet 24hrs later :D

Very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back