**May Mummies**

I'm sorry you're having such a bad time. I can relate unfortunately! My mother is a very dominant person and needs to voice her opinion about well... everything. When I was pregnant with DD, I spent a week with her at her place and it was hell, I felt like I was 12 years old again! My father then joins in and supports her ludacris mindgames.
With my DD now she can also be very annoying, she will comment how I'm too strict with her or even just say flat out that I am a bad mother. She tells me how she used to let me do whatever I wanted but I remember my parents being very strict, so much so that I would even explain to my ex-husband that I was going to the bathroom when I would stand up. I avoid going on holiday or doing something which might make me spend more than 2 days with her in a row.
The only advice I can give you is to hold on until she leaves.
How long will she be there?x
Omg yes! Sucks that they can be like this! I'm going away tomorrow thankfully! But shes looking after my daughter for 2 days and I'm dreading what kind of mind games shes going to play with her :/ she does things like "oh you must miss your dad, it's not nice him not calling you or talking to you for a week" i get mad like why even say that or put that in her head. It was always just my mum and I growing up, my dad left her when i was a baby and moved on to create another family so she held onto me and put so much of her own hatred toward him onto me. I thought I hated my dad growing up but since I've moved closer to him and away from her we finally have a relationship and I've realised how manipulative she can be. I do love my mum and she is my go to person but I am very careful what I say to her now.

Anyway on a positive note! I'm going away for a week to stay with a best friend of mine who's getting married, my girl is coming to join me in a few days so looking forward to a change of scenery :D I'm a bridesmaid and luckily the dresses are quite flowy as I am starting to show, especially by the end of the day after eating so much hehe twins and a food baby I feel!

How's everyone doing? I still got heartburn but it's slightly getting better. Like 1%. My favourite food is baked salmon and pasta with cheese. People at work don't understand why I'm eating pasta everyday. It's so comforting and nice.

How's everyone doing? I still got heartburn but it's slightly getting better. Like 1%. My favourite food is baked salmon and pasta with cheese. People at work don't understand why I'm eating pasta everyday. It's so comforting and nice.

I’m doing good, although I was sick again last night and this morning! So annoyed, I thought my sickness was over.

pasta with salad cream and peas is my favourite! I’d eat it all the time if I could!

I’ve got my consultant appointment on Monday and I’m a little nervous, had my downs screening results back at less than 1 in 10000 so I’m happy with that.

I'm ill again.

Husband has had what I coined 'man flu' for the past week and half, thought I'd escaped it. Nope.

Now onto my fifth cold/virus since I found out I was pregnant and also have three cold sores :(. Feel absolutely awful. Back in work tomorrow, cant afford any more time off.

Just need a decent sleep but cant breathe though my nose at all. I suffer with rhinitis anyway, and it's gotten worse since I got pregnant because I cant take my allergy meds. But this is ridiculous, cant sleep because of it.

Just want to feel well.

Got my scan on Thursday, absolutely bricking it after all the spotting and things. Just dont feel good about it at all.

Hope everyone else is well.

@SugaryIris sorry to hear your sickness is back. Must be horrible.

I'm ill again.

Husband has had what I coined 'man flu' for the past week and half, thought I'd escaped it. Nope.

Now onto my fifth cold/virus since I found out I was pregnant and also have three cold sores :(. Feel absolutely awful. Back in work tomorrow, cant afford any more time off.

Just need a decent sleep but cant breathe though my nose at all. I suffer with rhinitis anyway, and it's gotten worse since I got pregnant because I cant take my allergy meds. But this is ridiculous, cant sleep because of it.

Just want to feel well.

Got my scan on Thursday, absolutely bricking it after all the spotting and things. Just dont feel good about it at all.

You poor thing :( I hope the sickness stays away for good after this! You've had plenty of it to be enough got the next 6 months at least. Hope your scan goes ok xx

I'm ill again.

Just want to feel well.

I’m so sorry you are ill again! You really can’t catch a break! Not long until your scan now though! At least you’ve got that to look forward to xx

Got my flu jab today, yay, not looking forward to it at all!

@SugaryIris
Aw very good screening results. You can relax now. Don't worry about flu jab it's not painful at all. I will have mine a bit later too.
You've got consultant app on Monday, will you have a scan too?

@maythe4thbewit
Hope you feel better soon. I had cold 3 times it's very annoying. Lemon, honey and tea is all we can have.
One day till your scan! Not long and you will see your little one again.

@SugaryIris
Aw very good screening results. You can relax now. Don't worry about flu jab it's not painful at all. I will have mine a bit later too.
You've got consultant app on Monday, will you have a scan too?

I don’t know, they didn’t mention a scan on the letter but then they didn’t tell me I would need to see a consultant or why, it just arrived in the post. Midwife said it’s because of 3 previous losses.

Good afternoon , im pretty new to this group xx

Im nearly 10 weeks ... still suffersuf with pregnancy nausea :(

Today ive been having some sharp pulling pains in my left side , back and lower abdomen.
Could it be ligament pain already ?
It feels a bit like a stitch

Xxx

Good afternoon , im pretty new to this group xx

Im nearly 10 weeks ... still suffersuf with pregnancy nausea :(

Today ive been having some sharp pulling pains in my left side , back and lower abdomen.
Could it be ligament pain already ?
It feels a bit like a stitch

Xxx

welcome! Hopefully the nausea will start to wear off soon, mine started improving at about 10-11 weeks.

could be ligament pains but just could be everything stretching you go through a growth spurt 10-12 weeks so I found myself with some extra pains xx

After midwife today stuff been playing on my mind, mostly about downs syndrome, she said they will do a scan check 12 wks &a small blood test then tell me chances of it being bad/high risk. Depending that i either 1) have a proceedure that can cause miscarriage to test or b) pay £400 for a blood test i mean Jeez. She says nhs cant absorb such a high cost blood test yet they pay a lot more for other stuff but oh well.!

I also had to discuss other baby and i said they were prob downs so does that mean this one is etc.. she said there is no guarantee other one was downs but i dunno. Had to also discuss my mind and stuff that happened August was just v v rough going :(

What advice have other people had about down syndrom etc testing? What do you guys plan to do?

Hi @soffphie not sure if you got many answers on this.
Im 19 weeks now. When we got our 12 week scan we took the combined blood test (not really knowing what it was) blood test came back at high risk of downs 1 in 65 and 1 in 95 of Edward's and patens. As you can imagine we were heart broken at first. Nurse rang me at work with results and told me the only thing that was 99% sure of accurate results was the £400 blood test or the fluid test that could cause miscarriage. We didnt want to risk the fluid test as this is our 2nd pregnancy. First we lost in February. We also didnt want to pay £400 for something if the baby does have the syndrome we wouldnt be able to change anything. The nurse did tell my husband that at the 20 week scan when they check for any abnormalities theyll be able to confirm if baby has edwards and patens but cant confirm down syndrome. To us it doesnt matter. It would be nice to know but it wont make us love our baby any less. What will be, will be.
My midwife was really helpful when i went for 16 week check up. She said basically all the hospital do is put some results into s computer and the computer spits out high risk or low risk. I honesty wouldn't panic about the test. You wont be able to change the outcome. Try and enjoy your pregnancy.

Thanks ladies, I'll let you know eiether way tomorrow.

Not feeling excited at all. Just worried. DH is all excited and I'm just nervous something has happened.

I'm in work tonight, scan is at 3pm tomorrow, then have to have bloods, see a midwife there and book next scan so cant see me bein home much before 6pm, hey said itll take around three hours. And I'm working again tomorrow night meaning no sleep tomorrow. :-( be lucky if I can get an hour or two beforehand in the morning. Already knackered in work tonight and feeling like absolute rubbish with this cold. Xx

Good luck today @maythe4thbewit and I hope you do manage to get some kip, if you’re really run down though, take the day off, rest yourself and it will help you recover so much more quickly xx

@SugaryIris
I received a letter from consultant too. My appointment is in November. It says this appointment could take up to 3 hours? Really?

Heyy im 9+4 and today and yesterday sickness been coming back quite badly. I hope it dont progress but at the mo again struggling with keeping drink down but its not super severe yet :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back