**May Mummies**

May understanding is that most cysts go away after the first trimester they just like to keep an eye so hopefully all will be ok xx
That's what I was told today too. Had my scan and it showed I had a cyst, but the sonographer said something about it being something to do with fertilisation/implantation and should go away later on.

I was so relieved to see something in this scan, we finally have our jellybean! Saw a good strong heartbeat, and measuring at 7+2 now, though that could still change. Such a relief to see a baby growing in there and not an empty sac. Dates currently put my due date at the beginning of June, but needing a C-section 2 weeks early still means May. :)

scan7wks.jpg

That's what I was told today too. Had my scan and it showed I had a cyst, but the sonographer said something about it being something to do with fertilisation/implantation and should go away later on.

I was so relieved to see something in this scan, we finally have our jellybean! Saw a good strong heartbeat, and measuring at 7+2 now, though that could still change. Such a relief to see a baby growing in there and not an empty sac. Dates currently put my due date at the beginning of June, but needing a C-section 2 weeks early still means May. :)

View attachment 88565
Oh I’m so pleased for you! Lovely little scan!!

I feel so rough today. Heartburn and cold. I've decided to call sick tomorrow and stay home a day to chill on the sofa. So counting down to 5 pm. Sickness bands are not working. Very nauseous and can't decide what to eat.
Got myself chicken broth and still warm white bread.
Hows everyone doing?

@Jetina i had same anxieties at my 7 week scan was shaking etc.. glad all good!

@Charlotte9 i had a good morning but feeling lousy now. I did however pretty much down a 500ml lucozade energy drink (ill regret that later im sure!) I got constipation as well, prob from lack of fluids. Spent £60 on perscriptions last week or so.. chemist have given me a form to claim this batch back as i see Midwife tomorrow!! and hopefully get medical card as i think i may need one as im living off perscriptions(as bad as that sounds).

I have also lost a stone of weight in last 2 weeks. Gotta be the HG issue.

Hope Everyone Else is All Good!!

@soffphie
I have already received my card already. It's nice that pregnant women get all meds for free. It's actually not a card but a piece of paper.
I tried ginger tea today and it made me feel slightly worse. Very sleepy and tired.

Last edited:
@soffphie
I have already received my card already. It's nice that pregnant women get all meds for free.
I tried ginger tea today and it made me feel slightly worse. Very sleepy and tired.

Yeh im nax as well. Just woken from a nap. Had a v bad hr b4 sleeping but woke and feel better x

Yeh im nax as well. Just woken from a nap. Had a v bad hr b4 sleeping but woke and feel better x
I've noticed I feel a lot better after good sleep. So I'm taking a day off tomorrow to chill on the sofa. :)

Aww do you have to pay prescriptions? That's unfortunate, so are they free if you're pregnant?

All prescriptions are free in Scotland so dont have to pay anything.

Phoned the midwife, if the cysts get bigger than 5cm they worry but all good just now :)

Aww do you have to pay prescriptions? That's unfortunate, so are they free if you're pregnant?

All prescriptions are free in Scotland so dont have to pay anything.

Phoned the midwife, if the cysts get bigger than 5cm they worry but all good just now :)

yep i pay for prescriptions usually, £9 a go..
if your pregnant you get them free for duration pregnant + 1 year, same with dental care.

yep i pay for prescriptions usually, £9 a go..
if your pregnant you get them free for duration pregnant + 1 year, same with dental care.
Yeah I'll get dental care for free but couldn't imagine having to pay prescriptions

How are you feeling anyway?

PS anyone thought about how to announce?

The town I'm from celebrate Halloween on the last fri of October instead of 31st. So it'll be 5 or 6 days early this year. However I have my scan on 30th so I was thinking on the 31st I'll do diff size pumpkins as my announcement x

Yeah I'll get dental care for free but couldn't imagine having to pay prescriptions

How are you feeling anyway?

Good & bad moments. Seems im ok at keeping drink down but food is hugely Questionable still

I am literally starving.. but i just cant eat!! :( ive managed to keep down 2 small lindt chocolates, basically 2 4 £2 small santas, not sure how many grams but not a lot. that is all! i throw up and instantly my stomach growls and moans in hunger.. not really sure what i can do anymore to help?
is it really true that it is me who suffers and not baby? because it sometimes feels so unbelievable they are even alive still based on hunger and real lack of food in..

sometimes i sit here and really fancy something like just now thought 'i want a mcdonald milkshake'. but i ate ice cream today and omg it was so so soo painful its put me off dairy totally.

its a toughie. i am also at the moment only taking folate as a supplement.

I am literally starving.. but i just cant eat!! :( ive managed to keep down 2 small lindt chocolates, basically 2 4 £2 small santas, not sure how many grams but not a lot. that is all! i throw up and instantly my stomach growls and moans in hunger.. not really sure what i can do anymore to help?
is it really true that it is me who suffers and not baby? because it sometimes feels so unbelievable they are even alive still based on hunger and real lack of food in..

sometimes i sit here and really fancy something like just now thought 'i want a mcdonald milkshake'. but i ate ice cream today and omg it was so so soo painful its put me off dairy totally.

its a toughie. i am also at the moment only taking folate as a supplement.

I’m sorry you are still struggling, maybe you need to go back to the dr? X

How’s everyone doing?

12w1d and nausea seems to be gone!
I’m also getting thicker around my middle, not a bump yet, but I’m quite slim with a flat belly normally and I’m quite bloated, having to go to a maternity bra fit this weekend as well as I’m getting a bit uncomfortable.

@soffphie
Same here. One moment I crave McDonald's cheese bites, after eating them I can't even look at them. Then later I wanted Cesar salad. Now I can't look at chicken at all. We had Chinese on Tuesday and that's it no Chinese for me for a long time. But do I fancy dumplings and prawn toast though.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

@soffphie
Same here. One moment I crave McDonald's cheese bites, after eating them I can't even look at them. Then later I wanted Cesar salad. Now I can't look at chicken at all. We had Chinese on Tuesday and that's it no Chinese for me for a long time. But do I fancy dumplings and prawn toast though.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Its horrible trying to understand your body..
I went in kitchen and was gagging to be sick.. this is what i was like at my worst before hospital.
I have taken my strong anti sickness med so hopefully all calms down!! Got midwife today so ill talk about it with her then.

@SugaryIris
Aw so happy for you. I still feel rough. Had a day off and chilled all day on the sofa.
I bought my bras from h and m. So comfy. No metal wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back