***May mummies***

Hi guys, this is baby number 1 for me, so wanted to ask some of you more experienced mummies advice on prams! It’s like a whole new world to me and so many to chose from! Mamas and papas have some really good janruary deals on, has anyone had much experience with their prams? Or could they recommend any?
I will usually be in the car mainly, so need something that’s easy to open and fold away.
Thanks guys xx

Hi Beetle i have been through a lot of prams over the last 4 years! Ive never tried mamas and papas but I would suggest going somewhere and testing out different brands. I found silver cross the best as I am tall the handle extended the most. I wouldn't go spending loads as I found after 6 months we switched to an umbrella pram as it was so much easier and less bulky in the car! Hope that helps x

I've also had a lot of prams over the years and my favourite is the icandy peach all terrain I have atm for my son. I don't like umbrella strollers so with my last son I switched to a joie litetrax (I think that's the one!) which I really rated and is a lot cheaper than the icandy! Not sure you can get a carrycot that fits it but I think it is car seat compatible. Also my mountain buggy double was fab and is what I will use when this one comes along. I agree its good to go and have a look at them all in the shops. Think about things like the terrain you will be pushing on, how tall you and your oh are, how heavy it is to lift in and out the car etc. There is no one fit buggy, I think it comes down to your lifestyle as to what will work best for you!

I've also had a lot of prams over the years and my favourite is the icandy peach all terrain I have atm for my son. I don't like umbrella strollers so with my last son I switched to a joie litetrax (I think that's the one!) which I really rated and is a lot cheaper than the icandy! Not sure you can get a carrycot that fits it but I think it is car seat compatible. Also my mountain buggy double was fab and is what I will use when this one comes along. I agree its good to go and have a look at them all in the shops. Think about things like the terrain you will be pushing on, how tall you and your oh are, how heavy it is to lift in and out the car etc. There is no one fit buggy, I think it comes down to your lifestyle as to what will work best for you!
I love the mountain buggy double that’s been my favourite so far!! Xx

Hey everyone, we had our 20 week scan today and baby was perfect, so relieved.

I hope everyone else is getting on ok xx

I'd second not spending an absolute fortune on a pram, I switched out to a stroller for ease and convenience once my boy was able to sit up comfortably.

Hey guys, thanks for all the advice! Gunna spend this weekend having a look at few more prams, but gunna try and not spend a fortune if possible, as I’m sure this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to buying baby stuff xx

Hi guys, this is baby number 1 for me, so wanted to ask some of you more experienced mummies advice on prams! It’s like a whole new world to me and so many to chose from! Mamas and papas have some really good janruary deals on, has anyone had much experience with their prams? Or could they recommend any?
I will usually be in the car mainly, so need something that’s easy to open and fold away.
Thanks guys xx

Hi ya, I’ve just bought a mamas and papas flip tx2. It folds easily and small too which I needed for my small Kia boot. It was only £375 on sale and comes with the pram. You can pay extra and have the car seat. This is the one I got
Flip XT² - Chestnut

Hi ya, I’ve just bought a mamas and papas flip tx2. It folds easily and small too which I needed for my small Kia boot. It was only £375 on sale and comes with the pram. You can pay extra and have the car seat. This is the one I got
Flip XT² - Chestnut

Hi, yes this is the one Iv been looking at! Thing is, I really want a pram where the seat can lie flat and is suitable from birth, because I really don’t like the idea of the carry cot, mainly becaue you can’t fold it with the carry cot. Does the seat in the flip XT2 lie flat/suitable from birth.
The Silvercross pursuits (Mothercare exclusive) offers this, but is a bit more pricey than the flip TX2, its the one I’m leaning more towards currently. It’s this one;
Silver Cross pursuit pushchair *exclusive to mothercare*

How is everyone?
I have started to ween myself off the tablets which is not going well as I was sick in tesco carpark last week after I stopped taking them altogether.
so I'm currently taking 1 a day instead of 2 so will see how that goes instead.

Is anyone struggling to breathe? I thought it was Coz I had a cold bit now I'm thinking it's because of baby. Although I'm sure this didn't happen until my 3rd trimester last time.

Hi aurora, sorry to hear you’re still struggling with the sickness, hopefully it will stop soon. Did u have this much sickness with your previous pregnancy?

And I haven’t noticed anything different with my breathing yet, I am starting to feel slightly off balance now a days though, deffo more aware of the bump xx

No never been sick in pregnancy before.

Hubby and I have decided not to buy a new pram this time. We already have a pushchair for our youngest and I will carry baby in a wrap for aslong as possible. I love baby wearing.

Hi, yes this is the one Iv been looking at! Thing is, I really want a pram where the seat can lie flat and is suitable from birth, because I really don’t like the idea of the carry cot, mainly becaue you can’t fold it with the carry cot. Does the seat in the flip XT2 lie flat/suitable from birth.
The Silvercross pursuits (Mothercare exclusive) offers this, but is a bit more pricey than the flip TX2, its the one I’m leaning more towards currently. It’s this one;
Silver Cross pursuit pushchair *exclusive to mothercare*

Hi yes it does hun.
I was surprised it did that when she showed me. The package they do comes with the carrycot bit though. I didn’t really want that bit either because of lack of storage lol. It’s s good price and seems a good buggy though

Hi yes it does hun.
I was surprised it did that when she showed me. The package they do comes with the carrycot bit though. I didn’t really want that bit either because of lack of storage lol. It’s s good price and seems a good buggy though

Bought the flip xt2 today!
Went to the mamas and papas outlet and got a really good deal, Iv not gone for the carry cot though, got the seat and bought the footmuff as an extra to make sure he’s fully covered when he’s little. I was very impressed at how easy it was to fold up and down, and can fold with the seat facing both parent and world view! Got it in the sage colour with brown leather handles, very pleased with it :) and got it at a bargain price! Glad that’s one thing ticked off the list xxx

Bought the flip xt2 today!
Went to the mamas and papas outlet and got a really good deal, Iv not gone for the carry cot though, got the seat and bought the footmuff as an extra to make sure he’s fully covered when he’s little. I was very impressed at how easy it was to fold up and down, and can fold with the seat facing both parent and world view! Got it in the sage colour with brown leather handles, very pleased with it :) and got it at a bargain price! Glad that’s one thing ticked off the list xxx
Ah fab! I got the grey one. It’s funny because they do different deals for different colours lol

If anyone is looking for unique footmuffs and blankets I found a Facebook page who make them for most makes pushchairs. Sia's stylish strollers if I was having a girl I would be getting everything made in unicorn fabric don't think hubby would approve for a boy though.

Anyone in this thread wants to join my WhatsApp group chat I've made? (Anyone can join, whatever your DD is) if so please private message me your mobile number. (Must have WhatsApp) x

Hey guys, bit of advice from u experienced mummies, my baby has phases where he moves a lot and some more quiet phases (which I presume is normal)
Sometimes my belly feels slightly harder in a certain part, as thought it’s the baby’s back, and then a few minutes later that part feels soft again, I take this as a good sign that he’s rolling around in there, would you class that as a movement?? Xx

All good here, how are you beetle? How many weeks are you now? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back