***May mummies***

Hi thought everyone had left the forum so gave up looking on here.
It's been so cold here so I've been hibernating.

All good here, how are you beetle? How many weeks are you now? X

26 weeks now :) I’m feeling well, sleep is starting to get a bit uncomfortable with the bump, Iv been told to avoid sleeping on my back by a few people, have others heard this?

Aurora, how are you feeling? Has your vomiting settled? Xx

I also stopped coming on because of the new design forum lol.
It confused me.
How is everyone?
Im 26 weeks on Tuesday and im having a boy

26 weeks now :) I’m feeling well, sleep is starting to get a bit uncomfortable with the bump, Iv been told to avoid sleeping on my back by a few people, have others heard this?

Yes Ive heard that about not sleeping on your back. I’m really trying to sleep on my side but keep waking up and I’m on my back! Trying to prop myself up with a pillow so at least I’m not turning completely on to my back.

I’ve started to get some leg cramps during the night. Does anyone else get this?

Congrats on joining team blue linx :)

Yes Lucy Iv been getting leg cramps too, which are not fun at all! I was thinking of investing in a pregnancy pillow, thought it might help. I have my OGTT tomorrow, not looking forward to that, keep your fingers crossed for me! Xxx

Hi Beetle still sick most days but no where near as bad as it was.

I have been told not to sleep on my back as it cuts off a major blood vessel or something like that. But its so painfull sleeping on my side as you are not ment to lay in your right side too much. Left is apparently the best for baby

I always lay flat in my tummy to sleep which is pretty uncomfortable now but finding it tricky to stay on one side and keep flipping onto my back. I think LH side is best, RH side is ok, back could have a teensiest risk of limiting blood supply when you get bigger as it can push on an artery somewhere. However, think the added risk is minuscule so if you flip onto your back just roll back to a side and think no more about it. Other risks like smoking, diabetes, age, obesity etc are loads loads more significant.

Still not big but my bump has grown a lot more in last couple of weeks and now I actually look pregnant to around 50% of outsiders.

Think there is less chat here at the moment as we are past the icky first trimester but yet to enter to waiting game where every twinge could be labour!

Congrats on joining team blue linx :)

Yes Lucy Iv been getting leg cramps too, which are not fun at all! I was thinking of investing in a pregnancy pillow, thought it might help. I have my OGTT tomorrow, not looking forward to that, keep your fingers crossed for me! Xxx

Fingers crossed for your OGTT today. Let us know how you get on.

I’ve invested in a pregnancy pillow now and it does help a bit xx

No bump measurement here yet. I have the midwife tomorrow so I’m not sure if she’ll do it then? Xx

Just waiting for my second blood test, we went out for a meal yday to a Brazilian restaurant and I ate quite a bit (although it was mainly all meat- so all protein) but it left me feeling so bloated, have been fasting since about 8pm last night, but I hope my heavy meal doesn’t affect my GTT readings!!

I got measured at my 25 week app, she said I was measuring 24 weeks, and tahg it’s normal to be anywhere 3cm either side of your current date, so she was happy with that :)

Had midwife today. She said my urine tested positive for group b strep which I expected anyway as I had it last time so need Antibiotics in labour.
I'm 25 weeks measured 26 weeks. Got my gtt booked and my Anti d all for the same day. Was lovely to hear the heartbeat again.
I do have a home doppler but never use it for listening to baby a friend gave it to me with my 1st pregnancy and now my eldest uses it to listen to my heartbeat to make sure I'm alive.

Hi ladies, I often don’t post as I’m a bit of a lurker so like to just check in! But I thought I’d actually make a post of my own!

I’m 26 weeks today and I don’t know about you guys but it’s flying by, so scary! Probably something to do with that I have a very inquisitive and adventurous 2 year old to think about!

I found out at my 20 week scan that my placenta has an extra ‘lobe’ (I was consultant led anyway due to an under active thyroid & post partum hemmorhage in last birth) however now the consultant wants to see me for a scan once a month leading up to 39 weeks, they’re concerned about my condition leading to something called Vasa Praevia I’m unsure if you ladies have heard of it? I’m not 100% sure what it entails but if I did have it, a natural birth would be off the cards and it’d be a Caesarian at 37 weeks! All seems soo complicated compared to my last pregnancy!

I’m starting to get small amounts of heartburn so the rennies are now out in full swing, and I can’t stop bloody eating! Oh the joys of being pregnant!

Anyway, apologies for the essay! Hope you gals are doing well xx

Pregnancy brain hit me yesterday. Went to my sons parents evening last night, get to the school gates and then think I should double check the email. I was really early for our appointment by a week. Parents evening is next week :wall2:

Hey Theosmama, sorry don’t know much about vasa praevia, but seems like they are keep a close eye on you and baby which is the most important thing, fingercrossed it all goes smoothly for u!

Aurora, I totally took the wrong turn when driving home from work the other day!! I’m putting that down to baby brain lol! Hope it doesn’t continue!

I am officially 27 weeks today!! I think some places class that as third trimester, scary how fast things are going! I think I better start getting a few things ready for baby, as wev not done much but buy the pram currently! Xxx

Hey girls hope ur all doing well. Countdown nearly on nearly in tri 3! I’m 28 weeks feeling lots of movement bump is really high and it’s getting uncomfortable sleeping. Just booked a last min holiday for next week to Tenerife to get some sunshine as this weather is so depressing! Got a consultant app Monday as I had third degree tear with my first birth but only 2nd degree with my son so I guess it’s just proceedure to see me. Anti d booked in and that’s about it! Roll on 12 weeks and get her out of me!! I am definitely done!! Xx

I’ve had a really sore back last few days. It just suddenly spasmed as I stood up Tuesday evening and was agony for 24 hours but then slowly, slowly easing off. Hot baths, hot water bottles and paracetamol have been my friends. I do suffer from lower back pain occasionally but normally able to alternate the hardcore painkillers and crack on but alas even the ibruprofen is off limits! On the plus side, the baths have meant I’ve spent a lot of time watching my bump ripple and move as she flips about in there which always just amazes me. I know there’s a baby in there and it shouldn’t be that surprising that it can move and stuff but still such a weird thought to know that under just a few Cm of skin there is a whole other human being just waiting to take on the world.

I have been diagnosed with spd. So painfull.
Dr gave me Codiene but I'm not going to take it as I don't like the side effects, had it last year when I broke my rib.

I keep getting spasm like pain around my lower back and bum area, it’s so painful and takes me by surprise sometimes! Got my 28 week check on Thursday, it’s crazy how fast time is going, getting excited but equally anxious about labour now!! Anyone got a birthing plan? Or just going to go with the flow?? Xx

Not got a birth plan yet but have started packing my hospital bag. I know I will forget something so if I start now I'm hoping I will remember atleast the most important things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back