***May mummies***

My birth plan last time was ‘all the drugs please’. Annoyingly, the epidural failed - dunno if it was mispositioned or I’m oddly immune but there was not an iota of pain relief from it. Was expecting to be having a cup of tea and a kit kat once it was in just like on ‘one born every minute’ but instead I was a shouty screams lady. At least it was quick - 4ish hours from twinges to birth but I did get a third degree tear.

This time it’s gonna be ‘none of the drugs please (except gas and air as a distraction - does nowt for the pain)’ so at least I won’t go in with high expectations of a calm, kitkat accompanied labour and I know it’s gonna be ‘full scream ahead’! Hoping it’ll be another speedy one bit with less mess to my lady bits afterwards.

Sorry if that was a bit TMI for any first timers!

In other news....back pain still ever present. Ranges from justbstiff and sore to proper hurty but at the moment it’s manageabke with paracetamol and hot water bottles.

I only have gas and air. I find it does help with the pain even if it does wear off too quickly between puffs.
I've always been scared of having an epidural and I will already be on iv antibiotics during labour so don't want extra ivs in me.

Ahhh thanks for all the advice guys! I’m really undecided if I want an epidural as Iv heard mixed reviews! My greatest fear is being rushed in for an emergency section, and I know if that happens and you have an epidural already, they can use the same line for the spinal, so don’t faff about getting it in quickly!

Had my 28 week check yesterday, all going well, and my OGTT was negative which was good!
Having a cabin weekend away this weekend, prob the last break/hol before baby arrives!

Also has anyone found they are peeing much more at the moment?!? I got up 3 times last night! Xxx

Glad the OGTT was negative beetle.

A cabin break sounds awesome, enjoy.

I’m a first timer too and I’m really leaning towards just gas and air as pain relief but I think I maybe really naive :rotfl:

I appreciate all the stories from you ladies that have been through it all before though it’s really helpful to hear first hand accounts.

I’m nearly 26 weeks now and have my first growth scan next Wednesday so hopefully all is still going well.

We had a 4d scan yesterday baby was snuggled up under my ribs. The lady tried to get him to move but then he put his legs over his face think he's a bit camera shy.

_20190216_172116.JPG

Awww that’s adorable aurora. I have a 4d scan booked for this week, can’t wait to see her xx

Measured bump today. It’s just on 5th centile which is dead annoying. At 28weeks it’d be nice to actually look pregnant but still could be mistaken for post Christmas hangover bloat. No extra scans either as I measured super small last time so they reckon (and I do too) that there’s no actual growth issues - she’s just tucked up well. I will just get bump measuring appt every 2 weeks till end of pregnancy, If she doesn’t maintain the 5thn centile at next measurement though then I’ll get an extra scan.

Speaking of loo stops. I’d be ecstatic at three trips a night - I take about 7!

Hi ladies, I have been put off to login because of the new website layout and kind of stopped checking this group.

Nice 4D pic, Aurora!

In terms of going more to the loo during nights, I find sometimes going 3-4 times, sometimes once. I believe it's related to the amount of water I have during the day

Glad everyone is doing fine, I am 27 weeks not so officially in the 3rd trimester, wow! Sometimes is hard to believe we'll have another baby in 12 weeks.

I've been quite miserable lately, apart of of the pregnancy pains etc. I had endless consultant/midwives appt because I opt for an elective c-section this time and it has been a nightmare. Apparently I won't get an answer until 27 April, 3 weeks before birth . I find this pregnancy so stressful... crying everyday . Everything was completely different with my first.Will see what they decide.

I checked and no one created a group for May mummies in 3rd trimester section so I will do it later x

MW has now changed her mind and has now decided to send me for a growth scan due to only scraping 5th centile bump measurement. Think it’s NHS policy even though we both agree the baby seems fine and dandy - I just carry small. Better to be safe though and I guess its nice to see it again although really can’t be bothered with trekking over to the hospital.

Started a tri 3 thread for us.
My hair is really dry atm really need to get some hot oil treatments or a hair mask as Its driving me mad. I have a wedding to go to in a few weeks so want to try to make it look decent for that.

Hi ladies, I have been put off to login because of the new website layout and kind of stopped checking this group.

Nice 4D pic, Aurora!

In terms of going more to the loo during nights, I find sometimes going 3-4 times, sometimes once. I believe it's related to the amount of water I have during the day

Glad everyone is doing fine, I am 27 weeks not so officially in the 3rd trimester, wow! Sometimes is hard to believe we'll have another baby in 12 weeks.

I've been quite miserable lately, apart of of the pregnancy pains etc. I had endless consultant/midwives appt because I opt for an elective c-section this time and it has been a nightmare. Apparently I won't get an answer until 27 April, 3 weeks before birth . I find this pregnancy so stressful... crying everyday . Everything was completely different with my first.Will see what they decide.

I checked and no one created a group for May mummies in 3rd trimester section so I will do it later x

You won’t get an answer till 3 weeks before to if you can have a section? I’ve told my mw I want another and no ones mentioned any problems to me about it. I’ve got consultant 5 weeks before I’m due as I’m classed as high risk and mw said they’ll give me a date for the op then. I’m starting to worry now that there may be a problem. Did u go for vbac clinic? I didn’t as son was ill and when I rang to rearrange they couldn’t get me in till April so said there’s no point in going if I’m wantinb a section

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back