Mattress Advice

TaffyRose

Reaction score
I've been pretty organised so far with the baby bits, but when it comes to which mattress to buy for the cot I'm completely clueless, any advice would be greatly appreciated :) xxx

I got the premium pocket sprung spacetec one from mothercare to go on my mamas and papas rialto cot bed.

I opted for one with springs for durability as baby will be using it for a long time as it is a cot bed

I am confused by all the choice here too. Have seen fresh ones, aloe ones, airsprung ones, extra safe ones.......memory foam!

which ones are actually the safest/best?

I got the same one as Loula, it is amazing quality and it does have outstanding reviews :)

xxx

I love Amazon I get so many bargains on there so will definitely have a look at this one. I didn't want to just go out and spend a fortune when I don't know what I should be buying! xxx

sleepfresh regulair best seller mamas n papas fab quality £150

Just been searching for this thread as I remembered someone chatting about cheap mattresses on amazon! Off to go check it out :) xxx

I used this website
http://babymattressesonline.co.uk/welcome.html

They are such a bargain and delivery was super quick, they do every mattress going, or you can just put measurements in if you have an older cot, I ordered from them for my Rialto cot bed, also a couple of sheets and it was only about £60! :)
Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I got the amazon one too. Came yesterday and I'm very impressed!!!

Sorry to ask a dumb question - Some sites recommend getting one with a waterproof cover. I'm not sure I like the feel of those for LO, is it just for protection of the mattress or is there some other reason we should go for one with a cover?

Sorry to ask a dumb question - Some sites recommend getting one with a waterproof cover. I'm not sure I like the feel of those for LO, is it just for protection of the mattress or is there some other reason we should go for one with a cover?

Hey Hun, from my understanding it is just to protect the matress from accidents. I don't like the thought of a plastic feeling matress cover which doesn't breath so we are going to get one from John Lewis, it has fab reviews and it is breathable. xx

Hey Hun, from my understanding it is just to protect the matress from accidents. I don't like the thought of a plastic feeling matress cover which doesn't breath so we are going to get one from John Lewis, it has fab reviews and it is breathable. xx

Thanks lovely, thats what I was worried about, LO getting too hot with a plasticky one, particularly being a summer baby and my place is fairly warm too even with the heating off xx

sleepfresh regulair best seller mamas n papas fab quality £150

I have this one too - came most recommended from assistants in M&P despite not being their most expensive - its great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back