Advice/opinions on buying new moses basket mattress needed please!!

luci

Reaction score
My IL's bought my OH and I a second hand moses basket, and as my great grannie was desperate to buy us something for baby, I've asked her to buy us a new mattress for it. However, I have absolutely no idea what a baby needs from a mattress!! Have found these few so far, and any opinions on them is welcome!!
http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs..._3484_10751_57679_-1__14729_14729_10001_14729

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/index.jsf?...serymattresses}/mattress_size>{moses20basket}

I've asked my MIL to measure the old mattress, as the basket is still at their house, as obv I don't want to get one too big or too small. If anyone has any advice or opinions, they are gratefully received! Or any other links to mattresses. Am feeling so clueless!!

Mattresses are a mine field!! I have just ordered a Moses basket but haven't yet seen it in the flesh, so don't know what the mattress wil be like. However, we have spent weeks choosing and buying the mattress for the cotbed. I wanted to make sure the cotbed mattress was a really good one as LO will be using it for a long time, so we have bought a good sprung one.
As for the Moses basket, I think LO will only be using it for a maximum of a couple of months, so don't want to spend too much. I am hoping the basic foam one that comes with the basket with be good enough. Personally I wouldn't spend a fortune on something that is going to be used for such a short time. Having said that, though, if when I get the basket the mattress is really flimsy, I will probably get a mre padded one so LO is nice and comfy!! :)

Hi Hun

We got the one off kiddicare for £16 and it was perfect. To be honest as long as they have a changeable cover it doesnt really matter which one you go for....as my healthvisitor said..baby wont know if its an all singing all dancing mattress or not and alot of the more expensive ones are gimmicky!

We found the kiddicare one fab and the cover on it was really spongy and comfy for LO and washed well too. They are only in the moses basket for a short while also, so not worth spending a bomb!

HTH xx

I got one from Mamas and Papas for about £20 I think.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back