Matilda Rose Robertson 1/4/12

TORino

Reaction score
Well ladies, here it is. My birth story.

Our little princess Matilda Rose Robertson is doing well. She's a little chunk and is actually 9lb 2oz not 9lb 1oz which we thought. She's a little jaundiced so I have to keep an eye on her feeding etc

My labour was almost enough to say little Tilly will be an only child though!!

I started getting pains on Friday morning at about 4am and went in to be examined at 3pm and I was 2-3cm. Mw said she thought I'd have the baby some time overnight. I stayed at home until 10pm and went back to be told I was 3-4cm and sent to delivery suite. I was a bit miffed cos id been having pains all day to be only an extra cm or so.

It went bad after this.

In the hospital I went overnight to 8am and was pretty much the same when they checked me again.
msp_sad.gif
my waters broke after this examination and the contractions came thick and fast then. I had gas and air and Pethidine (things got a bit hazy after this!!) I remember being off my t*ts on the g&a and coming out with some really strange things, I had a lavender bath as well and there was another birthing support lady in with us at that point as well. Everything else was a bit hazy. I was checked and told I was not progressing fast enough around lunchtime. I had until 5pm to be 9cm dilated or I was going to high dependency to be put on a drip to bring on contractions. 5pm came and I was only 8cm so off I went. After being in pain for a day and a half with no sleep I insisted on an epidural if they were going to make me contract.

The epidural and drip were put in but the epidural failed
msp_sad.gif
I could still feel these contractions coming every couple of minutes. They couldn't fix it for me either so I had to lump it!! It took until 10pm to be fully dilated still getting pains!

I was then told baby was back to back and her head had not descended so I had to wait another 2 hours before pushing. So I started pushing just before midnight and I moved her a bit but not enough and an hour was my limit.

Consultant came to see me and said the baby needed turning but they might not be able to do it and I would need a section if it didn't work. I was taken to theatre and given a spinal (best thing ever!) they started at 2.30 am trying to move her and it wasnt looking hopeful. They managed after an hour and then asked me to start pushing. Trying to push into your bottom when you can't feel any of your body below your boobs is quite tough lol!!

I pushed as hard as I could because I really did not want to go through all of that and then have a section! I got her head out and then all hell broke loose. Tilly's shoulders got stuck and I had my legs raised and people pressing down on my belly (think that really scary episode of OBEM). I read in my notes that I had a shoulder dystocia and mcroberts procedure
msp_sad.gif
I didn't realise what was going on at the time and was happy that her head was out and I had the blanket put on my chest so I knew it was all nearly over. It wasn't until afterwards when they were calmly telling me about the paed helping out my baby that I realised it was a rather dangerous thing what had happened.

Tilly was resuscitated and didn't cry for ages. They damaged her arm getting her out and she's had to have X-rays and see the consultant and referred for physio. She had painkillers and won't latch on the opposite breast and doesn't like it being touched.

I've now got a stack of drugs to take and clexane injections to give myself and stockings to wear to prevent clots etc. I'm traumatised a little bit about the whole thing!

She is worth it though when I see her little face
msp_smile.gif

Goodness me what a story! Congratulations! Glad she's here safe! Was her shoulder ok in the end?

Goodness me what a story! Congratulations! Glad she's here safe! Was her shoulder ok in the end?

Thank Pinky.

Her arm isn't broken but they have said about nerve damage. I have to monitor it over the next day or two and if I am concerned then ring the paed and have her referred to physio. :(

omg sounds like you had quite a traumatic labor hun :shock: no wonder you're put off having any more lol! Congrats on your LO though :) love the name xx

OMG you and LO really went through it, you did amazing!

With regards her not feeding on that side, have you tried the rugby ball hold? So that way she can stay on her comfortable side?

Massive congratulations btw xxxx

Wow that sounds scary! Congratulations and I'm so pleased Tilly is doing well x

Wow Torino you and LO really went through the mill! Glad you are both ok and here's hoping you have a speedy recovery! Congratulations xx

Wow! Thanks for posting your story. Hope you both make a fast recovery, well done and congratulations xx

wow you really went through it xxx

Wow what a story! Ur amazing to go through all that, no wunder u don't Want any more, maybe in a few years it will all seem a distant memory. Hope Tilly's arm is ok. Wishing u both a speedy recovery xxxxxx

You deserve your own episode on OBEM vicky!!

Sounds like you were a right trooper, and I like the fact you said its nearly put you off having another one!!!

Sending lots of love for a speedy recovery for you both xx

Oh my god that's really scary, shit!!!!

Omg Hun I hope u and ur LO are ok and congratulations xxx

Oh my! I'm sorry you both had such a hard time!

Congrats again x

Oh my god!! That makes my birth seem like a walk in the park and I'm just pissed off I didn't get chance for any pain relief!! So so glad you and bubs are ok - you did so well - and I'm not surprised you are a little traumatised after all that!!! Well done you - enjoy your time with Tilly. I'm so pleased to be team pink after being yellow for so long - I'm in love!!!

Sorry you had such a tough time hun, hope her arm is ok congratulations xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

awww sweetheart......congratulations and sorry you had a bad time.....i feel your pain!!!

enjpy your little one xxx

Sorry you had a tough time hun. Congrats again on your little girl, love the name xxx

You did so so well, congratulations! Fx there's no lasting damage to either of you xx if you're struggling with the blood thinner ask them for Fragmin instead, doesn't sting half as much xx

Congratulations! She shares a birthday with my not so little April fool! Sounds like you had a traumatic time, wishing you both a speedy recovery x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back