Abigail Rose Fairley 19/02/08

jodie_honey

Reaction score
I was Due 17th February and had been in slow labour for a week.
I was booked in at 8:00am Monday morning of the 18th. I got examined and was already 2cm dilated so I had the first pessary at 9:00am.
By 10 am I was getting contractions but they weren’t regular or painful just uncomfy.
It went on throughout the day like this. I felt sick on and off all day too.
By the 6pm I was getting contractions every 15 mins and they were quite painful so I walked around the hospital which seemed to help a little.
I had a bath at 7pm and after that the contractions were every 10 minutes I was in pain and they just gave me paracetamol.
By 11pm they were every 5 minutes and I was still only 3cm so they sed they wud wait til morning and if I hadn’t got any firther they wud break my waters, they went wayne home at 11:50 and told me to try and sleep which I couldn’t. at 12:10 my waters broke and I walked upto the delivery suite.
They foned wayne to come back and he arrived 20 mons later I was 5cm and a lot of pain but still only had paracetamol. By 3am I was in agony and I was examined I was 7cm I couldn’t believe it, I was havin contractions every couple of minutes and I had gas and air and an epidural I couldn’t take the pain any longer. The epridural was great and I couldn’t feel the contractions anymore and wayne went to sleep for abit, at 8am I was 10cm and the epidural had worn off so I could feel when to push. It really hurt, I was pushing for an hour but she kept slipping back in so the next thing I knew there were 2 doctors and then 3 more midwives and they had to cut me, I was screamin at him not to but he did, he tried the ventouse but it wouldn’t get her out so I had to have forceps and she finally came out at 10:44am on 19th February wighing 8lb13oz. Had a traumatic time after that as she had to go to SCBU and I had to stay in for 8 days but we are home now, all safe and well and she is absolutely perfect wighin 9lb11oz, I love her to bits.
Labour- 26 hours
Delivery- epesiotomy and forceps
Weight- 8lb13oz

S6300010.jpg

S6300015.jpg

S6300020.jpg

aww she's beautiful. sorry you had a rough time but glad your all home and happy now :hug:

Congratulations! she is absolutely beautiful and despite her stay in SCBU im glad shes home safe and well where she belongs x

Congratulations! She's gorgeous :) I'm glad everything's okay after your ordeal in SCBU :)

WOW she is so gorgeous, congratulations and well done :cheer: :hug: :hug:

She is gorgeous! I am glad you are now both home and can get to know each other after a traumatic delivery! :hug:

congratulations shes gorgeous :D

what was her weight??? you've wrote 9lb 11oz and 8lb 13oz???

Kim&Leah said:
congratulations shes gorgeous :D

what was her weight??? you've wrote 9lb 11oz and 8lb 13oz???

ive just noticed this too :think: :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back