Maternity swimwear rant/ advice

Gravidgecko

Reaction score
Rant first, advice after.

Bloody maternity swimwear!!!!
You would think that being pregnant, preparing for the whole reason I have breasts in the first place after years of putting up with the damn things, that finally designers would acknowledge that they exist and create clothing with some actual space up there. But no!!
I swear even now these clothes are designed for pre-pubesent teenagers and/or boys, just with a baby bump added on to the front!

I have been looking for 3 solid hours this evening (this is the 3rd evening I've looked over the last month or so) and still nothing even remotely suitable!
Apparently being plus sized and pregnant with oversized breasts means I am a niche market within a nice market with a non existent market. Great. I'll just sit here and get even fatter because I certainly can't go swimming any more!

I mean seriously. Wtf is this?? :
f570c3b37492fc0a40c6da898bef3372.jpg

This exists!!

Arg!

Anyway... Anyone know where I can get a decent size 18 tankini with boob space? Lol

Xx

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Try Bravissimo maybe? They don't have actual maternity swimwear, but their tankinis might work?
I ended up getting a tankini from Jojo Maman Bebe that covers the boobs but isn't exactly supportive. I'll just avoid bouncing. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Ideally I wanted something I could potentially wear in the birthing pool too. That's why I thought a tankini. I wore a normal suit last time I went just a size up but it felt quite uncomfortable in my bump sms I doubt it would last me until nearer due date :/

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I got my costume from mother care. I went today! It's very comfey and holds the udders in place where I want them! Deffo recommend!! I can't put a picture or link in but it's a black halter neck one of that helps!

Dee

Xx

On the birthing pool front, I bought an outfit but putting it on was the last thing on my mind when it came to it. I know this time pool or not all my clothes are coming off! I'm O/W, massive prude and body conscious normally too.

Hahahahaa, that is truly awful! Do they sell any of those?! I got one from the H&M mama range online but was quite disappointed in the lack of boob support.. As you say you'd think when catering for pregnant women they'd focus on the boobs?! Mothercare seems like a good shout.. Good luck! xx

I got my costume from mother care. I went today! It's very comfey and holds the udders in place where I want them! Deffo recommend!! I can't put a picture or link in but it's a black halter neck one of that helps!

Dee

Xx
Can't do a halter neck :/ not if I want to keep circulation to my head anyway lol

Bought a swimsuit today from Tesco. Got the size up then hacked at it with a pair of scissors to remove the tummy support panel as it was just too constricting. I'll also need to lift/ shorten the straps a bit, but it should do me for a little while. I hope lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back