Maternity swimwear

Amanda

Reaction score
I am going on holiday to Ibiza in 5 weeks, and have been looking for some swimwear, without much success. :(

I will be 22-24 weeks while I am out there, and have already got a distinctive bump and boobs are 2 sizes bigger! I can't tell though if anywhere else (IE arse!) has grown.

I have looked on website, but all of the maternity swimwear is modelled by wafer thin size 8's with a beautiful bump. I am a size 12, and know I'm not going to look anywhere near as good as them!!

I know we are going to be spending a lot of time by the pools and the beach, so would like something practical, but looks nice. I would like a 2 piece (bottoms and tankini top), but don't want too much belly on show. :shock:

They also seem really expensive to buy for just a 2 week holiday. Has anyone actually worn one, and are they really worth the extra money??? Or should I just go to Asda and buy some larger cheap tankini's? (But would they fit??)

Questions. questions, it's always questions with me!!

I got a maternity tankini in ASDA for £4, bargain.

Really??? Guess where I'm off tonight after work???!!! :lol:

Thanks Beanie.

No probs, hope you get one, and have a great holiday :D

Well, I didn't get to Asda until last night, and they haven't got the materinity swimwear in yet. :( The lady I asked said she had only put the normal swimwear out that morning, and they hadn't had the maternity yet, but it shouldn't be long.

On a good note though, I always buy a couple of the vest top packs that Asda do for my hols. They are just packs of 2 vests in different colours, and only £4. They don't wash well as the shape goes, but they are so cheap you can wear them on hols and then throw them away. Well, they do the same ones in maternity for the same price!! :D So I came away with 3 packs of them!! :lol:

Ooo, they are great Sami, thanks! I'm not going for 5 weeks, so I'll hold out to see if Asda get theirs in (cause they're so cheap!!), but if not, I love the Mothercare ones. They seem to do a few colours as well.

Thanks for also 'shlapping' me and reminding me that I'm not just fat, I have a bump for a reason!! :lol: It's difficult because for years I hated wearing swimwear because I was extremely flat-chested, then I had implants about 8 years ago so for the last few years I've actually had a figure in a biking that I've not been ashamed of, and felt okay walking to the pool and stuff. This year, I'm the opposite so it's quite hard. But with these tankini's, I'm sure I'll be fine! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back