maternity allowance

LucyB.

Reaction score
theres probably been a million threads about this but i just need some advice!

ive had to quit work because of my pgp making it difficult as my job involves standing up all day and bending alot, its quite painful. also i dont earn enough at work to make it worth while staying even for the maternity pay.

i was just wondering when it comes to claiming maternity pay if you need original payslips and how u get hold of these as i dont collect them every week, would they accept copies if i get in touch with the company and ask them for some copies? thank you xxxxxx

I know you have to had worked for 26 weeks of your pregnancy to get maturity allowance, apart from that I am clueless since I haven't worked in either of my pregnancies x Contact your local job centre or visit the direct gov website that should give you some more information hun x

I thought you had to have worked for 26 weeks out of the 60 or so weeks before you got pregnant. Which is a lot more generous! And I know that you claim 11 weeks before your due date. Thats the only bits that have stuck in my baby brain! xxx

To caim mat pay form employer it is that you have to work into the 26th week of pregnancy
For mat allowance its 26 out of the last 60 o so xx

Don't worry you will be fine, I have it, and quit back in nov. You need to have worked 33 out of the last 60 something weeks, (the form to fill in has dates set out easily) you won't be able to claim until 26 weeks, and they start paying 11 weks before due date. You will need your Matb1, usualy given around 26 weeks.
You don't need to have worked up until week 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back