Maternity Swimwear

tots hope

Reaction score
I am meant to be going swimming this evening but realised I don't have anything that fits anymore! I was thinking about buying a maternity Tankini and wondered if anyone had got one and if they found it any good?

I have seen this one in Mothercare

http://www.mothercare.com/gp/product/B0 ... 1&mcb=core

but wondered if the Tankini top would ride up if i do an Aquanatal class?

Anyone able to help me on this?

I have a Mothercare swimsuit but it's an all in one, but very comfy! I would reccommend a Mothercare one, even if they are a bit on the expensive side, they're worth it!

i brought one and it was fab , altho i didnt get to use it as got admited to hossy days after it was delievered :wall:

i didnt get round to getting one this pregnancy, so cant be of no help.

The mothercare one looks nice tho.

sass said:
I have got this one from Next and it is really comfy, it is quite loose around the bottom of the bump and covers all of it. (I didn't like the ones in mothercare as I wanted my bump covered!)

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/motherandbaby/6/13

I have my eye on this one but you can only get it delivered and i have swimming tonight! Just out of interest as the picture isn't too good are the sides adjustable? As in you undo the ties at the side to make more material fit over the bump?

There are no shops near so i can't try it on!

I have a mothercare one, as I take my 2 year old to swimming lessons every week. But Sass is right they do not cover your bump, ok at first but now my belly looks like a london road map, not so good! Also the cold gets to your belly! Brrrr Next one looks better.

No it is not adjustable, it has drawstrings up the sides but they don't actually affect the amount of material covering the bump. They kind of make it a bit shorter or longer at the sides but that is it!

I'm still wearing my three-sizes-too-small bikini top and the bottoms are still OK. I'm not shelling out for the sake of a few weeks!

Having said that if anyone spots maternity swimwear for the Jordanesque please let me know :rotfl:

Will have to see what mothercare have in and hope for the best!

As for wearing my old bikini - its a good thought but not a nice thought! I would look so silly!

Thanks for your help ladies x x x x

totshope, I DO look ridiculous :rotfl:

That's why I only go to aquanatal when it's just preggers ladies in the pool!!!!

I bought a 2 piece form Primark - vest top and shorts. Only cost me £7.

I didn't want to spend a fortune on something that I won't be using for ages (even though I am in the pool every day)

tots hope said:
As for wearing my old bikini - its a good thought but not a nice thought! I would look so silly!

i've been wearing my old bikinis throughout - i decided early on that i couldn't be arsed to spend money on a maternity cozzie, so have just been flashing my bump at everyone :lol: :lol:

I have a tankini and it did ride up during aquanatal class whcich really annoyed me but the next week, I used the drawstring tie thingies and tied the top to the bottoms so problem solved! Can't rush to the loo though! I was given mine so had no choicein what I got, but if I were to choose for myself I would get an all in one simple so that I didn;t have to mess about tying myself in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back