maternity Ring

Positive37

Reaction score
so we have been together 6 yrs this year and still not engaged.. we have done other things first, brought house and then knew we needed IVF so couldnt justify a ring
Anyway BF said he would treat me for carrying moo around and looking after her so i am getting a pandora ring for my right finger ha ha, he said its the start and the rest will follow very soon!
i am 40 next may and i know he gets a bonus in Feb so hoping its next year girls
really want to have same name as Moo and him.

pointless thread just wanted to share xx

Aww lovely I was hoping for an eternity ring off hubby but I think realistically that won't happenoney wise. That said I'm lucky as we already married so get same name. Do post pic of ring for us all wen u do get it so we can all ahhh over it :) xx

Hope it happens for you soon!!

All the charms on my Pandora have been bought for certain occasions, so hubby has said he'll buy one for my bracelet to mark baby's arrival. The soppy git got me a heart shaped one when we first saw baby's heartbeat on the 12 week scan.

I saw the perfect eternity ring the other day, but I think that may be pushing it! Haha.

Ah it'll be so worth it when in finally happens :) fingers crossed for next May! Yes defo post a picture, I love the pandora rings but they don't do big sizes so can't fit one on my chunky sausages :-( I know what you mean about having the same name though, I'd not even changed my details at Drs until I got pregnant cause I wanted my married name on the scan photo etc. it doesn't mean much to some people but it defo means a lot to me x

Awww lovely. I'm sure you'll be a bride soon honey. Moo can be a teeny flower girl; -)
xxx

thanks girls - really would be nice and yes moo can be our flower girl -not sure what kind of wedding id like, ill be 40 next year ( not that I act or look it, so ive been told) and my dad passed away so i couldn't do the whole walking down aisle bit would break me straight away.
id like something quiet simple, vintage lace dress and just to have a happy day with friends and family.
never thought i would marry so late but our dream of a little moo is all we need right now

Mind u looking forward to the engagement ring !! ha ha

Awww thats nice hun!
My OH did it kinda the wrong way!

I had an eternity ring for my 21st birthday, i really thought he was guna propose lol!
Then we moved out, month later came off the pill, went on holiday to egypt and he proposed star gazing.. then i came back and got pregnant within 2 weeks ha!

So marriage is on the cards but probs not for a few yrs..
But peoples faces when i tell them i have an eternity ring already.. but he always said this was to show i wanted to be with u forever (and he couldnt afford to propose that year hahaha)

Sounds lovely tho!

My friend OH calls them 'pushing presents' lol.. not sure if mike would think of getting me something! probs a bunch of flowers from tesco on the way home from the hosp :p xx

We got married instead of saving for a house deposit so now we are stuck renting for the time being! Savings are gradually getting there though and we're hoping to buy a house early next year.

Sounds like he is definitely planning on something, it will be lovely and give you something else to look forward to once the baby is here :)

ha ha bless that's so sweet - I mean marriage isnt important the fact we have partners who love and cherish us is all that matters and that they are great daddy's so u were 21 which means your like ... 22 now !! god so young u make me feel old.

Pushing presents I like that one - Well i saw a ring and he said ill buy you something for carrying moo around and looking after her, admittedly i nearly burst into tears in the Pandora shop! wtf

next year could be busy year.. my 40th - an engagement hopefully- moo christened. exciting times ahead... just need to get the labour out of the way first !!!!!

I have my big year this year, first with the baby, then my sister gets married, i turn 30 and my mum turns 60 - eep!

ha ha bless that's so sweet - I mean marriage isnt important the fact we have partners who love and cherish us is all that matters and that they are great daddy's so u were 21 which means your like ... 22 now !! god so young u make me feel old.

Pushing presents I like that one - Well i saw a ring and he said ill buy you something for carrying moo around and looking after her, admittedly i nearly burst into tears in the Pandora shop! wtf

23 now :p hehe but yeah! still a baba i spose! even tho im a lanky 6ft one haha!

I almost chocked when he got the ring box out for my 21st, we had only been together a year and half anyway so i didnt think hmm to early for him..
but u see the box!!!

I kinda had a feeling he was guna do it on holiday then in sept last yr lol.. he just acted so odd!! he cant keep a secret :p

But that ring will always remind u of your pregnancy and the journey u both took to get there and carry moo and watching her grow :) its lovely!!
and i have no doubt hell pop the big Q to u next year!! xxx

ah buggy what lovely year your having/going to have.... its all so exciting...

Lanky 23 year old love it - Im a semi lanky 39 year old ha ha

Dave is very much careful with what he does, he moved into my flat after year as my dad died so happened sooner, then we saved for house, been here 3years and love it but always knew we would need money for IVF.. having a family means more to us then being married but its next step - and so grown up !! eeekkk

the ring i wear now on my right hand is from mexico in my single days when my brother got married like 13 yrs ago. i said this will be a new ring for a new phase of my life !! xx

Fingers crossed for you. Sounds lovely. I love how different the age ranges are on here.

I worked with people a lot older than myself. The person I got on best with was a 64 year old man who is a darling. Then another lady who is 61, one who is 49, a younger guy who is 26 and a lady who is early 40's.

Im 21. Now that I've left work though, I miss conversation that I had with those at work. :-(
But I love that we all chat on here regardless of age difference.

Just got to see if I make 22 before the little man arrives or not :p

Being engaged isnt the most important thing. Id love same name as little fella n my fiance. But, I dont mind at the moment. We can not afford a wedding and are renting so have to decide between a house and wedding first... House is probably most important.

Good luck though for you hun xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Carrying his bub for 9 months, labor, sleepness nights..... you deserve it.

Remember guys, weddings don't have to be really expensive, one of the best weddings I went to cost about £1500 and the worst and most boring I went to was in the region of £30k!

I never had a pushing present from my husband last time :-(

You lot have romantic blokes :)
----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

ahhhhh hunny u might get something this time around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back