Ring Issue!!!

First Baby White

Reaction score
I have got to the stage where my fingers have swelled and my wedding and engagement ring are starting to feel uncomfortable so I thought I better take them off which I am not happy about as I dont feel right without my rings :(
The problem is I cant get them off the more I try the more they swell and because I know I cant get them off they seem to feel more uncomfortable. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get them off, I have tried soap, ice cubes etc but no joy.
Has anyone else had to take their rings off and if so will we be able to put them back on once bubba arrives??

i know it sounds a bit gross but what bout cooking oil or maybe vaseline? :)

i know what you mean i am naked without ine too, but it is more comfortable.

Have you treid butter? maybe alos of they are less swollen in the morning or evening trying then.

sandi

Hi

Sorry invading from 2nd Tri..

I had this problem with my first pregnancy I think most women do tbh.. I sat in a bath and really lathered my fingers up and relaxed and mine seemed to slip off, I was about 35 weeks pregnant I hated it too.

I wore them round my neck on a chain so not to feel too naked but they were left at home whilst i was in hospital, I gave my hands a good week to recover as I had alot of water retention after my son was born which is quite normal too.. don't dispair you will get to put them back on :D

Other suggestions are cold water, baby oil vaseline, butter, cooking oil or even swarvega (that green stuff men use to get off grease).

Hope this helps and good luck getting them off so to speak
Kathy

I'd leave them for a good few hours, or until the time of the day they are least swollen, then put some greasy stuff (any of the thngs suggested) on and just try once and they should come off. If you've been trying to get them off for a while you're fingers will be irritated and swollen, let them recover and try again.

i agree with all of the above... also try raising your hand up for a couple of mins as well. it helps the fluid go down (excuse the pun). butter & vaseline are always winners :)

I had to take my rings off a couple of weeks ago. I did it first thing in the morning when my fingers are least swollen and used soap to help them slide off. Feels odd not wearing them but it was so uncomfortable with them on that I just had to take them off.

i too hate not wearing mine, their ok for now, have a bit of muffin top but on hot days i can't put or take them off...

Soak the hand in cold icey water dry and then use lots of hand lotion which should help it to slip off...

I would buy a chain to pop them on and then you can wear them so you won't feel too naked without them...

Let us know how u get on!

x

Thanks for the tips ladies, I have now managed to get them off using olive oil but have really bruised them in the process. Just hoping they go down after bubba arrives!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back