maternity pads

trixipaws

Reaction score
i was just gonna use normal period sanitary towels i'v still got left from b4 i was pg, but the lady at parentcraft said those have a layer on which can irritate if ur sore or hav stitches. so i'm gonna buy some proper maternity ones- which are most comfortable?
(might post in products too...)

The thicker the better. I found mega matresses most comfy on sore bits :D

my sister prefered the tesco night time pads rather than the actual maternity pads.

I used the boots own brand, they were really cheap and didnt have wings which was better
they were really compfy :)

ahhhh!! That would be why I am a little bit nippy down there!! I went on to the always after the bleeding slowed down a couple of days ago and have been quite stingy! That maybe why! Best get myself down to tesco for a mattress or two!!!

i used mothercare own they were thick and very comfy.

I used Tesco own maternity pads for the first couple of weeks then moved onto normal sanitary pads.

i bought wilkinsons own maternity pads they were really cheap and nice and big and comfy and make sure you get plenty i used a whole pack in first 2 days and i was using the hospital ones for first 24 hours as i was confined to bed from a section

Dont touch the babies r us ones with a bargepole, they were horrible and made me itch like crazy!

I used mothercare own, thick and comfy :)

think big!

i brought wilko cheapies i had to wear 3 cos i was incontinent for about a week :oops: i then got normal night pads. just get the thickest biggest ones you can find :lol:

I liked wilko's ones better than boots..get the thick ones you do need them and they are comfy just after you have given birth

Oh yes.....good advice - the thicker the better!!

I used Boots own then went onto Always just after a week-ish (the thick ones though) I also agree - no wings is best!! More comfy!

& definitely get LOTS!

First time round i used the Tesco own brand night time towels and would also recommend the odd Shetland pony to wedge it up there too, :roll:
But after the first week i found i could change onto the "normal" heavy duty night time always with wings which made walking easier :rotfl:

Glad i read this, i was actually guna post up soon n ask if anyone knew which are the best lol thanks for readin ma mind :p lmao xxx

yeah i deffo agree the thicker the better coz i was changing mine evry hour :)

FeeFee said:
First time round i used the Tesco own brand night time towels and would also recommend the odd Shetland pony to wedge it up there too, :roll:
:rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just choked on my tea laughing at that!!!!

I used just normal night time towels and was fine, although I had no tears and didnt blled too long

I had loads of stitches with my first and used Always and I was really sore. My midwife told me not to use those kind of products because they are designed to draw the moisture into the pad (sorry!!). Definitely stick with maternity pads - like the ones they give you in hospital - much more comfy xx

I used tesco maternity pads and wilko ones as well, both were thick and brilliant! Like everyone else has said the thicker the better, it's not like a period :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back