maternity leave....

I'm leaving work at 36 weeks and i get 18 weeks full pay then the erst fo the 9 months at SMP. I will prob go back to work after 7 months.

I'm leaving at 34 weeks. Want to have some time to relax, get the house spotless and spend some time with James before the baby arrives.

I just get normal SMP, will be taking 9 months off. Will probably go back to work with my current employer for long enough to claim my accrued holiday, then will look for a new, better paid, more exciting job.

I'm getting the same as you sass, i'm finishing at 30 weeks though...i've had enough already!!
There's also stuff about holidays. I'm a teacher, with baby due in April. There was no way I was willing to get SMP for July and August when I would usually get paid holidays anyway, but it turns out I will get those holidays paid regardless of when I go back as I am entitled to them, having worked all year. So I'm going to go back some time between October and January

kalia - how does this work? I'm due in April, will i get smp during summer hols...i work in bog standard gloucestershire lea primary school??? :think:

you cant get hol and smp ( u cant get smp for 2 months then hol for 2 months then smp again , smp got to be in one lump) , so you would get the hol pay at end of your maternity leave , or like me i have to take it before my mat leave :D

ooh how do i find out about this? This is the first i've heard? :clap:

sorry for my ignorance, but what is omp? and how long can you claim smp for??

I am leaving at 29 weeks too. I am too tired already.

The pay situation for me is..

•first 4 weeks of absence: full pay inclusive of Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP);
•next 2 weeks: 90 per cent of a week’s salary inclusive of SMP;
•next 12 weeks: half pay plus £112.75 SMP;
•next 8 weeks: £112.75 SMP.

I have opted not to receive the 12 weeks half pay, then if I decide not to go back (which is my current plan) I wont have to pay that back. If I do go back (highly unlikely) then I will get a lump sum.

Candygirl said:
sorry for my ignorance, but what is omp? and how long can you claim smp for??

omp is what employers call there 'top up' pay , u get 9 month smp but my employer ( it varies with each company ) choses to top up my pay to full pay for the first 10 weeks

sometimes if u dont go back to work u have to pay back omp , i get a lower amount but if i dont go back i dont have to pay it back

I'm leaving at 29 weeks too. That's the earliest I can go and still get my full maternity package. I'm planning on being a stay at home Mum after that as my cleaver hubby earns very well. I'm hoping to have 3 as close as possible so I guess I will have my work cut out anyway. So leaving work at 6 months will give me my last fling of freedom before baby arrives :D ... Can't wait I've got loads planned!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back