maternity leave

dusanlusanage

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
This is my first thread here, I'm 17 weeks today! Just wondering when u were planning on starting your maternity leave? This is my first baby so I don't know howI'm gonna feel later on in pregnancy, but was thinking of starting line about 4 wks before I'm due on 4th Oct. I'd much prefer to have mire time off with baby though. Also how long is everyone planning on having mat leave-wise?

Thanks xx

I'd say about 4 weeks is right. I'm due in 4 and finish up on Tuesday so just over 3 weeks and really feel like I need to finish up! Getting so tired now. I'm lucky with my maternity package so taking just under 14 months off! Bliss!! Xx

Oh wow I bet you're so excitedright now! I'd love to take a year off and hopefully will be able to financially. Xx

Ive provisionally told my line manager I will finish up a month before Im due obviouly depending on how I feel at the time and am taking a year off. I will go back full time only problem is I probably wont get my own job back but at the end of the day as long as I have a job to support the family thats all that matters xx

Originally I thought I would try and work for as long as possible but we have decided that as this is our first baby it would be nice to spend some time, just me and oh, before baby arrives and to try to enjoy being pregnant! So I'm actually going to finish at 28 weeks, taking holiday first and then starting mat leave approx 4 weeks before I'm due. Only 10 more weeks at work!

I am using my annual leave from 37 weeks and my Mat leavea starts on my due date xx

Thanks everyone, you've given me some good ideas about how to take maternity leave and when. I feel a bit guilty about having time off, I know it sounds a bit stupid, but I feel less so now. I know this is a once in a lifetime to be with baby, so work should come second.

I'm going on mat leave at 28 weeks too! Taking a weeks hol first and starting at 29 weeks! I'm in agony already with my pelvis so I'm Gunna be even worse soon! 12 weeks left at work!

I am gonna go a week before the baby is due because I need the money and will be on SMP afterwards so I just hope that it all goes smoothly.

I'm at uni, so will finish my work placement at the end of July, so about 3/4 weeks before I'm due. I'm having 6 months off and will go back in March :(

I'm allowed upto a year off, but I don't think I'd ever go back if I took so much time off! x

I'm working up until 3 weeks before my due date as I would like longer with the baby afterwards. I'm taking 9 months off work, would love to take 12 months but can't afford it. x

Im extremely lucky!

Im a Highways Agency Traffic Officer and found out I was pregnant at 4 + 5 weeks. I had to tell my employer asap as I have a dangerous job and deal with a lot of rtcs etc.

As my employer couldnt give me an office job as theres nothing available, im on garden leave on full pay. Once I have had sprout then I have a year Maternity. Im very lucky and grateful x

I'm due on the 15th August, starting maternity leave on 30th July - but also taking the whole of July off as annual leave! Then I go back in April next year :D

Im extremely lucky!

Im a Highways Agency Traffic Officer and found out I was pregnant at 4 + 5 weeks. I had to tell my employer asap as I have a dangerous job and deal with a lot of rtcs etc.

As my employer couldnt give me an office job as theres nothing available, im on garden leave on full pay. Once I have had sprout then I have a year Maternity. Im very lucky and grateful x

Oh wow! Lucky you!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back