Maternity leave..

I finished off at 29 weeks and I am so glad I did. :D

I only work part time but have been really struggling with my mobility for the past few weeks and I even had a fall a couple of weeks ago.

I am taking 9 months maternity leave so I will go back when he is 6 months which suits me and hubby, and I also have the peace of mind that I am taking things really easy before the birth.

It's a personal choice. Good on you if you feel you can work on until 34/36 weeks. xxx

I am leaving at 29 weeks too. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Work is draining and I am planning to become a SAHM,
so I don't need to keep any weeks for after the baby is born.

my maternity leave starts on the 10th December and I'll be about 33/34 weeks, although my actual last day of work is the 6th (because of days off etc).
I can't fit behind the counter so well now, and I can't lift any delivery, so I'm not much use now :lol:

Still got a far way to go yet - but I am planning on finishing last week of feb, I will be about 35/36 weeks, but that all depends on how Im feeling. I am also having at least 9mths off possibly 12 depending on how we cope financially.

finishing 20th Feb, taking 3 weeks holiday first so I'll be on maternity leave from 39 weeks I think.

Taking 6 months off

im leaving early too , 22nd dec ( thats when are xmas hols start ) , i then take jan as anual leave and mat leave starts 1st feb :cheer: im only 29 weeks at xmas but i dont wanna struggle at work as it only upsets me and id rather leave so they can get someone in to do my job properly like i cant !

I think I will pretty much be working right up until the baby is due as I work from home.. :?

il be 30 weeks, takin it from 11th december and having 9 months off. :) xx

I start TODAY! Hurrah!!!! Will give me half term week plus 3 weeks afterwards.

I'm gonna try and stay until at least 35 weeks because I want as much time off with the baby as possible.

I finished work about 2 months before James was born (because I moved back in with my parents who lived at the other end of the country) and I was so bored. I didn't do anyting productive with the time off, I just wished it away wanting the baby to hurry up and arrive :lol:

Next couple of weeks hopefully, just waiting for my MA form to be assessed :)

I think I will be finishing 4 weeks before she is due.

Its going to be a pretty hectic Christmas & New Year :shock:

happy_chick said:
Mine came through the other day Jo - £112.75 per week.

Kylie1007 said:
happy_chick said:
Mine came through the other day Jo - £112.75 per week.

How long did it take kylie?
I have a feeling mine might take longer as I've paid my NI contributions late, not sure how it works to be honest :think:

i think i'll be claiming my MA from about 35weeks. The lady from MA called me and said if i want it early just to give her a ring so may do that!!

My maternity leave starts on 10th December and I'll be 37 weeks by then. I think I should have moved it a couple of weeks earlier. Might nick some days from next years annual leave and make the last couple of weeks half days otherwise I might struggle.

Probably took about a month to come back through from dropping it off at the job centre.
The longest part was waiting for my MAT B1 & SMP1 forms to come back from the council - because I am supply teaching I'm being paid by the council but not contracted with them, so I had to send the MAT B1 form into them for them to send me back an SMP1 form saying that they weren't responsible for my maternity payments! What a faff!

Im starting mine at 34 weeks cant wait - and planning to take a full year off :cheer: :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back