Maternity clothes

GingerKitty

Reaction score
Need to bite the bullet and get some new work clothes and jeans!

Where have you found is great for maternity clothes? I have heard H&M is really good.

New look is good for mat wear that's where I'm going to get mine from and I have heard that h&m is good too x

I prefer Next.

I bought New Look maternity jeans and then got one pair of Next maternity jeans, the Next ones are a lot comfier and have a larger bump band (over-bump fabric).

At just 27 weeks the New look "over-bump" jeans only go just above my belly button and the fabric rolls down all the time & is uncomfy. Next ones still stay high over the bump.

I'm actually thinking of selling a couple of my New Look jeans and buying a pair of Next jeans.

For tops I have no issue with New Look, it's just their maternity jeans that are the issue (and they were fine for the first 10 weeks or so lol, it's just now my bump's grown.)

Last edited:
I got my jeans from h&m and all the rest are new look.x

H&M are awful for me, I'm a next size 12 but can't even squeeze into h&m size 16!!! Asos, new look and next were good for me last time xx

H&m were the only place I could find in leeds that actually had maternity wear in the shop! I like to see stuff and try on rather than do it online. The stuff I got from there has lasted me all through though - have only had to get more jeans in the next size up last weekend as the others were getting very tight! The 'over the bump' bit wouldn't go over the bump anymore lol ;-)

Last edited:
I got a few bits from George but I think there's more online than in the shop and also ASOS x

I just did an ASOS order, fingers crossed it all fits as I hate returning things online.

I preferred next over the all the ones I tried. The bump area was very comfy. Now I've finished work I'm in leggings and joggers :)

Aww I bought mat wear from newlook & h&m last time but they were massive on my tiny bump so I just went to work in leggings.

I popped to H&M last night and grabbed some of their Lycra skirts and some t-shirts, they will do for now! Skirts are only £8, bargain! Bit difficult as not got a bump yet but gained a tummy! X

H&M are awful for me, I'm a next size 12 but can't even squeeze into h&m size 16!!!

Exactly this, I have size 16 New Look maternity jeans that are perfect but H&M 18s are too small. I'm tall and curvy anyway regardless of bump as well!!

Black Work trousers from Next for me..

Other normal mat clothes have been Matalan, Asda & New Look x

Last edited:
Isabella Oliver trumps everything out there. It is pricey but the clothes are impeccable and so flattering and the quality is incredible. I wear a few select pieces pretty much every day and even the pieces from my first pregnancy look brand new (and I've likely worn them 50-100 times). Can't say enough good things!

I did a fairly big bundle order from New Look online when they had a sale earlier in the year. I actually hate everything and it all seems ill fitting.
I'm currently just sticking to "normal" stretchy clothes. Luckily I have a lot of long skirts already that go nicely under the bump, jogging bottoms and lots of stretchy vests from Primark (they also have some really nice stretchy tight striped dresses which fit nicely)

George Asda! Iv got a few things now and all fab and it's free click and collect xx

Agree with Asda - they're fab but the sizing can be generous even at full term ;) xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back