Decent Maternity Clothes

KirstyL

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get decent, but reasonably priced maternity clothes?
I have some trousers for work from DP, but they are over the bump ones, and tend to gather up at the back (cause of the elastic I guess) and they hang funny…don’t need a lot of work stuff, cause I leave in a few weeks, but just some comfortable clothes, as I’m fed up of wearing combat trousers, and leggings make my legs look short (cause I’m only little!!)
xx

I've got trousers.from matalan I live in them and.tops I've been buying long tops from Primark or dresses. Also got a.couple of.strappy tops that are.maternity that are.good under other tops lol x x

I've been looking on New Look and they have some lovely stuff and it looks really reasonably priced.

New look are good. If you go in store they always seem to have a sale rack too. I got a maternity hoody for only 9 quid and a dress for one pound! There non sale stuff though is reasonably priced. I also buy stuff from primark, would be so good if they did a maternity rage though. X

I don't know if there's one near you bug I got most of y stuff from the next clearance shop. It's really cheap. I think I got about 4 outfits for £20!!

Thanks guys, I'll have a look in all those shops.
LilyMac - nope, no next clearance over here unfortunately, might have to google the closest one and give it a go!
xEmmaX & DW1978 - We have a massive new look here, but they don't do maternity in store, only on-line the lady said, so I'll be having a look on there this afternoon :)
Smess26 - Didn't even think of Matalan hun, do they do a proper maternity range or just buy a bigger size?
Pudds86 - Will definately look in Peacocks, had forgotten about that one, as the one here is the other side of towm, and I don't venture over there much,
Thanks guys for all your help :)
xx

Defo maternity am currently sporting skinney jeans with a nice expandable sides lol. Have a look online its new there. X x

Oohh, brilliant! I'll have a look on there after lunch as well then, can see lots of shopping come up!
Skinny jeans?! I'm jealous, I've put on so much weight on my legs, I'll never get in skinny jeans again :( Oh well.
xx

LilyMac - nope, no next clearance over here unfortunately, might have to google the closest one and give it a go!
xEmmaX & DW1978 - We have a massive new look here, but they don't do maternity in store, only on-line the lady said, so I'll be having a look on there this afternoon :)
Smess26 - Didn't even think of Matalan hun, do they do a proper maternity range or just buy a bigger size?
Pudds86 - Will definately look in Peacocks, had forgotten about that one, as the one here is the other side of towm, and I don't venture over there much,
xx

We don't have a maternity range in our New Look either so will be doing all mine online too :)

I agree with all of the ladies who've already posted. I have generally stuck to New Look, Matalan (got some hareem pants in the sale yesterday for £7, which are really comfy) and DP's for tops that can be worn with most things. As I'm getting bigger and bigger, my jeans are no longer comfortable, so I'm generally living in leggings, dresses and long tops, as well as my new hareem pants! I'll be glad when I can buy and wear proper clothes again though!

xx

The Next sale shop is called Choice and they have quite a few shops http://choice-discount.co.uk/store_locator

i know its already been mentioned but peacokcs is really really good!!! i got a pair of jeans from there that have a half bump band and there so so good! and at only £16 :) the've got some really nice stuff in my local store! also might have to go look in our matalan now :)

Defo hun have a look. I do love my jeans lol x x

i bought a pair of non maternity jeans in primark size 14. they have like an elastic waist and are really comfy! will probs get them in my size when im not preggy anymore too.

also got some moto maternity jeans from topshop. they are great for meals out etc. got a couple of jumpers from topshop too but that was during winter.

also, dont rule out ebay ! you can get some great bargains on there. oh and h&m :)

H&M do quite a good maternity range (in the bigger stores) but i got quite a few bits from asos, i found their jeans were much more comfy than any i tried on in other shops (and they do short leg sizes, im a littlun too!)

Oh yeah I forgot about h&m, I got a couple of t shirts there that were ok priced. Not all there stores have maternity section though. I'm quite lucky cos I'm from Glasgow most of the shops have not bad ranges.

Kandle- I saw those hareem pants in matalan the other week and almost bought them but my mum looked at me funny lol think I'll go back and try them on lol xx

I got a pair of maternity jeans n linens and have bought loads of tops in a size bigger instead of specific maternity tops, so I can wear them after aswell, Hnm have lovely tunic n dresses that look lovely x

Awww, thanks girlies :)
So many replies, well I know what I'm doing this weekend, lol. Traipsing around the shops looking for clothes that actually fit and are comfortable! I see so many pregnant ladies in Kiddicare and the likes, and they always look so smart, and fashionable, yet I walk around feeling like a big flump, lol.
Looking forward to the weekend now, I feel a big shopping spree!!
xx

Kirsty your so lucky to live near kiddicare. That store looks great, could spend all day in it. I know online is good but sometimes it's nice to have a good walk about the shop instead xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back