Maternity clothes

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
Earlier I went into peacocks clothes shop and they now have a maternity section (not sure if they do it in every store) and I couldn't resist buying a top that says 'bump on board' it only cost me 6 squid! Just letting you know because it's alot cheaper then the maternity clothes in mothercare. I've still got a couple of months till my bump shows through properly but no harm in stocking up.

thanks could really do with some cheap ones cus i av got a wee bump already and finding hard to fit into my own clothes :cry: xxxxx

Oh sweet! I bought one in there that says "Godess With A Bump" on the front (just a white roundneck t-shirt, the lettering is in pink bead type things - not glitter but not sequins, I dunno really sweet little pink beads). Anyway again cost £6 from Peacocks in Brighton. Other than that cute maternity tops cost a bomb usually, although some mid-priced, I have a cute yellow one with "Baby" printed in silver over the bump area (£14 from Next Maternity...ordered through the catalogue not many stores stock the maternity range) and a pink "Baby on Board" top from Blooming Marvellous - can't remember what that cost but I'd guess around the £14 marker also. Stuff from proper maternity stores is sooo so expensive when your only in the stuff for 7 months (ish!). Oh H&M do a maternity range too "Mama" I think it's called, anyway they are ok priced too. Again, larger stores only.

some new look's, top shop, and dotty p's also do materity wear!
when do u start to get a bump?
can't wait to go shopping

I'm only 8 weeks gone and I already have to wear trousers one size to big for me because my normal size feels to tight around my stomach. I have a little bump around my trouser line but I suppose our bodies are different and our bumps grow at different times. I have put a pic of my bump in the tummy pictures at the top.

Not sure when bump starts to show but in my case its water retention (I think) thats making my clothes too tight :( My tummy is huge :shock:

Everyone's bump is different, some girls show at 8 weeks others at 18 weeks, it's totally dependant on your make, build, how much water you retail, swelling/bloatedness etc. I'm almost 13 weeks and look like I'm blooming 13 months (if such a thing were possible). I've been in maternity clothes since week 6 but know that around week 8 things will start to feel tight/uncomfortable no matter what your bump is looking like.

i was told it could be either water retention or more likely in my case b ecause my uterus is slack ( :shock: ) cause it is my 3rd pregnancy!!! xxxxxx

I've been stocking up on maternity wear from Topshop cos so far they're the only place i've found which do the kinda clothes I like. Alot of the clothes I've bought are just bigger than my size and not actually maternity wear lol.

I bought another bump on board top today but a pink one, the one I got yesterday was black.

Vicky you make me want a Bump on Board top now!!!!!!!
I'm off to Brighton shopping on Monday, I'm going to look!!!

They are good. I saw one in a magazine that said 'don't touch my bump' I really wanted that one but the bump on board ones are coool. :D

The shop I'm thinking about in Brighton is either a Peacocks or a Primark - not sure which....really hope it's a Peacocks though, we'd look like twins due on twin days!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back