Cheap maternity clothes

Hazel

Reaction score
Does anyone know the best place to get cheap maternity clothes from?

I needed to get jeans quite early and got them in Next and New Look but now I'm starting to need tops and in desprate need of a new swimming costume.

I'm not keen on the clothes in Mothercare. I'm looking for some cheap vest tops as mine are now not covering my stomach but they are £15 for a pack of two when I usually buy things like that in Tesco for £2 each.

I'm new to all this and the only places I found clothes are:
Mothercare
Next
New Look
Dorothy Perkins

Any advice would be appreciated as my belly is starting to hang out of my clothes :oops:

What about stretchy ones or ones that are a size up from Primark?

I have to admit I haven't been shopping for a very long time now - since first tri - but there used to be lots of smock tops in shops and they would fit. Also ribbed tops will fit without having to be maternity and you can still wear them afterwards :D

You're right to not spend much - you're going to grow a lot and may need different sets of clothes as you go along.

I recommend Gap clothes because they are cut longer. I was able to wear my normal Gap t shirts until a few weeks ago but now my belly hangs out :D

I also have the problem with the fact that I'm tall. I struggle to find ladies tops normally that are long enough in the body and the arms and do tend to buy mens jumpers. Jeans aren't to much of a problem as I get the Next Jeans which go up to 34" leg.
I usually buy everything from Tesco so was a bit shocked at the prices of proper maternity clothes.
I'm looking on the Marks and Spencer website at the moment which seems to be quite reasonable.

Topshop are good for maternity clothes, as for vests you can buy 2 for £9 or £6 for one, I don't think you are going to find many places that do really cheap maternity clothes :(

topshop vests are really long atm, cos that style is in, so i've got 4 of them and i tend to wear them everyday under clothes that are now not covering my belly. I'd jsut try and find long tops rather then getting them bigger as such, mine are in my normal size and cos they'er stretchy they'll last a lot longer still. good luck and let us know if you find anything as tops are becoming a problem for me too now, i've got no casual clothes everything seems to be smart :(

I bought loads of TopShop vests cheaply in the summer to go on holiday and they were WAAAAAY too long.

However, since becoming pregnant they've been a godsend. I wore my usual size (8) until 25 weeks because they were stretchy enough and I've just been and bought a load of Size 10 ones (2 for £6? £9? Cheap anyway) and they're still way too big so they'll do me till I pop.

They're ace; they go under all my maternity dresses and tops and keep me warm in winter.

I would echo what the others have said; don't buy too much. I've got by on VERY little and most of it's from Ebay and cheap.

Good luck xxx

I've had real problems finding clothes but my saving grace has been Peacocks!
I have managed to buy Jeans, Tops, Skirts very cheap or even cheaper if in the sale.

I'm tall so I've had to go into proper maternity clothes quite early as long tops are generally barely long enough at the best of times. That also limits my choice of trousers as I have to get longer length ones which are only available in a few shops and usually v. expensive. I have turned to Ebay and have bought quite a few items (usually Next) that are brand new but less than half the cost. It's so nice to be in comfortable clothes now! What's even better is that last week my pregnancy became common knowledge so I am now flaunting my little bump rather than trying to hide it. :D

I have just managed to get a new swimming costume from e bay! it was bran new for £12 i think it was - a bargain!! you also may be able to get new maternity clothing too from e bay xx

I had a successful day shopping yesterday.

Mothercare had some sale stuff and I managed to get two swimming costumes for £14!!!!!

I was impressed by Topshop, I haven't been in there since I was 18. Got a belly band and two vests.

Just need some big knickers and I'll be ok for a few more months.

Hi girls,

I went shopping yesterday I went into peacocks because I had read they now do a maternity range. It wasn't a big range but the prices were brilliant for basics. I had a pair of black work trousers for £10 and a pair of yoga pants for £10.

Alex xxx

Jollypops said:
I've had real problems finding clothes but my saving grace has been Peacocks!
I have managed to buy Jeans, Tops, Skirts very cheap or even cheaper if in the sale.

ive already bought a top from peacocks! and ive got my eye on some black trousers i can wear to work!

i need some bigger bras but there like £18 for one in mothercare, like other girls im used to not paying much lol usually get them from primark!

I bought all my maternity wear, other than bras and one pair of smart trousers, in the sales. I didn't bother with actual maternity tops, just went to Debenhams and bought tops a couple of sizes up with loose fitting round the tummy for bump to grow into. 5 tops for £28. Bargin as some are casual, others can be worn as casual or smart. And they fit round my boobs well also.

Topped off with a knee length cardi 3 sizes up from my usual to do up over my bump. Got that for £12 and use it in place of a coat. Saved a fortune in not having to buy a new jacket.

Yeh Im going to stick to loose babydoll style tops and dresses....defo gonna live in dresses through the summer because I already have a good few dresses I brought last year that I would wear and be thinking "these are so huge I hope I dont look pregnant" Haha so now I am then Im going to make use!!! Need some good bras though...I dont know why but I really dont like proper maternity clothes things like jeans are good but I dont seem to like any of the tops I love colours and pretty patterns and it all seems to be black, grey or brown :x

I'm going to have a look in New Look for jeans on tuesday but for tops I have just bought a bigger size of the looser styles

I've got a few coming from La Redoute - they are mainly fitted at the bust and looser round the tummy

I haven't bought maternity anything apart from some vest top bras. I have been given a couple of maternity tops from my sister but I don't have the money to buy them - they are so expensive!

Oh I got a maternity wrap dress from Crave for my xmas - its a bit too big just now but I'll be wearing it probably everyday to work soon!

peacocks sell maternity clothes..not needed them for a while so not sure what they are like

H&m aswell

try shopping on ebay.....you'll get some great second hand basics, and then just buy a few nice things from shops. i think thats what i plan on doing.
They always come in near new condition!

I got some preggy pants from next today, they were £30 or so but when i got to the til the lady said they were £4!!!

Bloomin barrrrrrrrrrrrrgain!!

x

cloud9 said:
peacocks sell maternity clothes..not needed them for a while so not sure what they are like

H&m aswell

I popped in to Peacocks in Brighton yesterday and they had a few nice bits but not much of a selection. Will be popping back for a pair of jeans soon though - 16pounds. (Sorry, pound sign doesn't work! :roll: ) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back