Maternity bras?

Rachey

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

Just wondering whats the difference between a maternity bra and just a bigger size is? If you get a maternity bra do you get it in your normal size or the bigger size if you have got bigger since being pregnant?

I'm totally clueless, and really in need of some new ones! :)

xxx

Best places to go are Debenhams or Mothercare, they do a measuring service so you can be sure you have the right size. Main thing is that Maternity bras tend to be non wired which is good for rapidly changing boobs.

are these the same as sleep bras? ive heard you should sleep in bras when your pregnanct & ive jus ordered 2 maternity sleep bras cause i cannot sleep in normal bras

Will try Debenhams :) was going to have a wee look in Marks and Spencers too!

I'm not sure jld, I didn't know we were supposed to sleep in bras while pregnant lol x

I think its so that when the baby is born, they dont drop to your ankles lol.

You have like elastic-y tendons just above your boobies that hold them in place & boobs get rather heavy during pregnancy - once these tendons give way, theres nothing to keep them in place any more so they droop!

Haha oh dear! I better start wearing one to bed again then :rofl:

sleep bras, according to the woman in my local mothercare can be worn through pregnancy and after baby arrives, makes things more comfortable.

Have ordered mine, started out with big boobs pre pregnancy, having major trouble already.

I'm gonna try and get some sleep bras as I think they will be comfier for bed time :)

Why do you have to have no underwire? Ive never heard that lol
So far I have just bought a couple of normal bras in bigger sizes as maternity ones are ugly and I like nice undies lol

Underwiring can interfere with milk production, and generally isn't meant to be too good for boobs that are changing shape/size so much. There are some nice maternity bras out there, figleaves do lovely ones.

just ordered a maternity bra and 2 sleeping bras from mothercare...

Are we not supposed to wear underwire bras during the day either? Or just at night? It's all I wear lol!

I've seen some sleep bras but a lot of the ones I saw said not recomended above DD cup :( is there somewhere that does bigger sizes?

xxx

Last edited:
Boots are doing buy 1 get 1 half price on their Carriwell Maternity Underwear :)

I love buying things from boots just to get my points hehe x

You're supposed to stop wearing underwired in last Trimester & sleep bra's are for comfort. I never had sleep bra's during my last pregnancy & my boobs haven't headed south - lol!
You wear the same sized bra you would normally wear, but this will usually change, so it's important to get regular fittings & get bigger bra's as your boobage increases. Figleaves sell some gorgeous bra's & also try googling Hot Milk brand as they're lush bra's too. Bravissimo have limited maternity range, but are for bigger cup sizes as are Freya.
I have a Mothercare bra to get me through to pay day, but it's not the best support wise & the bloody label scratched my back, so had to cut it out! I'm going to splurge at Figleaves when my salary arrives & they do matching knickers too!

Sunnyb xxx

My underwires were killing me, so went to get fitted for non wired ones, best thing I've done all week, turns out I've already gone up a back size and two cup sizes

Thanks girls :) bought a couple of sleep bras from Boots and a 2 normal but bigger bras from Marks and Sparks to do for just now! Going to have a look on figleaves too, might have to buy a few after pay day :) x

Last edited:
i bought 3 bras from la senza in my first trimester because i went up a bra size, now im pretty sure ive gone up a back size too. & cant really afford to get any more bras, especially as they will most likely grow again in trimester 3! have ordered 2 sleep bras from marks and spencers though, cant wait for them to arrive! x

It's crazy how much money you can end up spending on just bras lol

xx

my m&s sleep bras have arrived!

they are the first non wired non padded bras ive ever bought and are sooo comfy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back