When do I need soft cup/maternity bras?

willowwisp

Reaction score
I'm having a total headache trying to find a maternity/softcup bra in the right size and shape.

There just isn't anything out there. I'm only 7 weeks at the moment, can I buy a bigger underwired style for now? Or should I move into soft cups?

When did you move over to soft cups?

I moved in to soft cups at 7wks but that's because I was in so much agony that I couldn't actually wear an underwired bra anymore.
Shop around and find something you're comfortable in, and get measured! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I am really struggling, I think I probably need to get moved over. Sadly it's not as easy as getting measured, I've been to house of fraser, m&s, debenhams and several boutiques today. Nothing fits :(

Sports bra's are going to be my last option, the only thing is that for the size I am they squash you in, and not only am I too sore to be squashed but I'm not sure squashing them is the right thing to do!

I'm 24 weeks and still wearing my underwire bras... There not uncomfortable or digging in, I havnt really changed cup size. Guess everyone's different!x

I'm still in normal underwired bras too but I have gone up a size, I do wear sleep bras to bed now though for some support!

Last edited:
I was in my normal bra up until I gave birth, although I did go up 3 sizes.

Willow - from the sounds of it u have a large bust. Mothercare go up to a J cup and bravissimo go to an L I think. Can u get to either of those to be measured?

The problem isn't so much the cup as the back size. I need a small 28 back, with a GG cup, and as I'm only 5 foot tall I can't wear the full cup shapes without slicing the front of my arms. I'm now miles away from a bravissimo although I have spoken to them about it as i used to go in regulally and they are sending me some styles to try. I don't think mother care go down small enough for me, not that we've been able to find?

I was looking for a 28GG soft cup balconette style in a decent colour and material that I can actually wear clothes this summer without it showing through, I'm self employed so I can't looks mess! But right now I'd take anything comfortable!!

If anyone has any suggestions I would be both very grateful and all ears!

I'm a 32g and get my bras from debenhams, they do maternity bras and also non wired ones! Iv had a look, check online then go into a store and get measured :) x

I'm a 32g and get my bras from debenhams, they do maternity bras and also non wired ones! Iv had a look, check online then go into a store and get measured :) x

I've been into a massive debenhams, been measured, they have nothing tight enough around the back to support my bust. I can't wear a 30 or a 32 because the back comes up, the front drops and I end up unsupported and in agony. I might have to accept I need to wear wired bras, I can find plenty of decent fits with wires, it's the soft cups they don't make that small.

My best friend is quite Byatt and she swears by Bravissimo and Freya bra's. I have gone up 3 cup sizes and i have just gone for a non wired normal bra x

I've been into a massive debenhams, been measured, they have nothing tight enough around the back to support my bust. I can't wear a 30 or a 32 because the back comes up, the front drops and I end up unsupported and in agony. I might have to accept I need to wear wired bras, I can find plenty of decent fits with wires, it's the soft cups they don't make that small.

:( that's rubbish! In asda the other night I seen a bra type thing at the jml stand if you know what I mean, and it was a non wired type crop top thing. Could have a look at that! Sooo annoying being an odd size. What about even going to a sports shop and trying a wee crop top type thing? Might not be great, but worth a try on!xxx

I'm having a total headache trying to find a maternity/softcup bra in the right size and shape.

There just isn't anything out there. I'm only 7 weeks at the moment, can I buy a bigger underwired style for now? Or should I move into soft cups?

When did you move over to soft cups?

I started wearing maternity bras from mcare at 15weeks, very comfy and lots of choice x

The problem isn't so much the cup as the back size. I need a small 28 back, with a GG cup, and as I'm only 5 foot tall I can't wear the full cup shapes without slicing the front of my arms. I'm now miles away from a bravissimo although I have spoken to them about it as i used to go in regulally and they are sending me some styles to try. I don't think mother care go down small enough for me, not that we've been able to find?

I was looking for a 28GG soft cup balconette style in a decent colour and material that I can actually wear clothes this summer without it showing through, I'm self employed so I can't looks mess! But right now I'd take anything comfortable!!

If anyone has any suggestions I would be both very grateful and all ears!

I'm a 30gg, I was in normal wired bras until a couple of weeks ago, but I did have to go up a back size as they were starting to dig in.

I hate to be negative but i've had terrible trouble finding something that doesn't look like it's meant to hold cannonballs! They're all pretty ugly! Hotmilk do some nice ones, but I don't think they do anything under a 32, I could be wrong though.

Hopefully Bravissimo will be able to help. Good luck! It's a nightmare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back