Bras

keelie_b

Reaction score
I really need to buy new bras i have outgrown mine but feel a bit lost on this topic.
Do i have to buy a particular maternity bra? or just a bigger size one. And how many sizs roughly should i go up? i dont want a bra that fits now but i will out grow in a month or so.

I will be breast feeding i know that you can get special nursing bras but are they a must or can i just wear my own normal comfy bras when LO is here? does this make things difficult?

Thanks All :)

If your planning on breastfeeding, I'm sure they reccommend that you wear bras without wire in them. I brought M & S maternity bras when I was carrying my daughter and they weren't that great. If you have a lingerie shop near you try going to them as they may have brands that cater just for maternity and nursing. Be warned they are not the sexiest bras!

I would get measured now, if I remember rightly mine breasts didn't have a growth spurt until just before my due date. But all women are different.

One slight addition from someone who looked for AGES to get sexy maternity underwear.

You can get it, but forget the high st - go online to figleaves.com, becheeky.com, hotmilk lingerie also good.

Not cheap, but you could always hint to your OH!!!

Jimmer

I went to our local bra shop which are fantastic at fitting bras (they know your size by looking at you!) and they said fitting a bra for pregnancy is different than fitting one normally. They usually try and fit it with room to grow but still with support.

I would definitley recommend getting fitted properly, my boobs were so sore in my badly fitting bras and now its like heaven!

Maybe go somewhere like m & s where they can measure you properly and i'm sure they would know the best sort of bra for you to be wearing as they probably see hundereds of pregnant women everyday day and know what sort is best in pregnancy and afterwards

Jimmer said:
One slight addition from someone who looked for AGES to get sexy maternity underwear.

You can get it, but forget the high st - go online to figleaves.com, becheeky.com, hotmilk lingerie also good.

Jimmer

Trust a bloke to know where to go for the sexy maternity bras, tee hee :lol:

Bexie said:
If your planning on breastfeeding, I'm sure they reccommend that you wear bras without wire in them.

yeah, they do. i went & got measured up at m&s, but i bought some bra's from mothercare. they were the nicest non-underwired bra's i'd seen anywhere & they were only £15!

thanks all for your advice!
oooh i cant stand bras without underwiring, i can tell im going to struggle here

Bexie said:
Jimmer said:

Jimmer

You would not believe how long they took to find - absolute nightmare!!

:D

Jimmer said:
Bexie said:
Jimmer said:

Jimmer

You would not believe how long they took to find - absolute nightmare!!

:D

I hope after your search you brought some for your wife/partner. I might try and point my OH in the direction of figleaves, once I've been measured up.

keelie_b said:
thanks all for your advice!
oooh i cant stand bras without underwiring, i can tell im going to struggle here

i couldn't either, i hated them. but i managed to find some slightly padded ones that were still without underwiring (at mothercare) and they're really comfy & supportive.

I bought a two pack from m&s and they are extremely unsexy.. however, they do have some slightly padded single ones which come in black white and brown and they give you a nice cleavage so id recommend them. I got two off ebay for £2.45 the pair! Bargain!

Claire x

I have to say I tried and failed with soft cup bras, I had a Big bust b4 the pregnancy but now its like sky rocketed, maybe 3 sizes. I went and got fitted and got my soft cup bras, wore them and hated them. Not enuf support, squished them 2gether and gave me a rash in between them! So yesterday I went and got an underwired bra and they feel as light as a feather lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back