MAT B1 form

Sproglett

Reaction score
hey, does anyone know if i need to include a letter with this informing my employer of the date i wish to leave etc or do i just send of the MAT B1 on its own?

Yeah, you have to put a letter in with the MATB1 form too, stating when the dates are you want to leave and the date your babys due etc..
Would you like me to PM you my letter I sent off?

Yeah, you have to put a letter in with the MATB1 form too, stating when the dates are you want to leave and the date your babys due etc..
Would you like me to PM you my letter I sent off?

Would you mind sharing your letter template with me hon? Got send mine off this week and I don't even know where to start...I thought you just sent a form :wall2:

xx

Yeah of course, I don't know if it's right but I sent it off anyway! Lol.

Address:

11th May 2012

Miss Sarah Rakestrow
NI:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to confirm that I am pregnant, and that my baby is due in the week of Sunday 16th September 2012 – Saturday 22th September 2012. I am currently 21 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I am due on the 16th September 2012. If my application for statutory maternity leave is successful my last working day will be the 31st August 2012 and my statutory maternity leave and pay will start on the 3rd September 2012.

I intend to take my full Maternity Leave. Should I wish to return to work sooner I will give you the required notice.

I would be grateful if you could confirm my return to work date and maternity entitlements. Many thanks for all your support at this time.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Yours faithfully

Miss Sarah Rakestrow.

wow that letter is brill, i looked on the direct gov website and its so formal lol...

"
I am writing to let you know that I am pregnant and to notify you of when I want to start my maternity leave and begin receiving Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) if I am eligible for it. If the company offers its own maternity benefits scheme, please tell me the details of this scheme.
My baby is due in the week beginning 09 September, 2012 and my MATB1 certificate which confirms this is enclosed.
I qualify for 52 weeks' maternity leave, made up of 26 weeks Ordinary Maternity Leave and a further 26 weeks Additional Maternity Leave.
I would like to start my maternity leave (and pay if I qualify) on 1st September, 2012. If I wish to change this date I will give you at least 28 days notice.
If I qualify for SMP, I understand that the actual payment will be made in the same way as you usually pay my wages, so I will be paid on the day I am usually paid on. You will be able to recover most or all of the SMP from the government. Please tell me whether I qualify and what amounts I will receive. Also I have been informed that SMP is paid as 6 weeks at 90% of my average weekly earnings, and then 33 weeks paid at the statutory rate of £135.45.
If my leave starts on my intended date, my ordinary maternity leave will finish on 1st March, 2012 (and if I take it, my additional maternity leave will finish on 29th August, 2013) and I am therefore due back to work on the next working day after this. However, you are required to write to me to confirm the date I am due back. If I want to change the date I am coming back to work, I must give you at least eight weeks notice.
If I am unable to return, for example because I am sick, the normal rules for my job will apply. If I decide that I do not intend to return to work I must give at least the notice period required by my contract of employment. It would be helpful to talk to you about whether there are any health and safety issues we need to address while I am pregnant, as well as how to plan my maternity leave, how we will both keep in touch during my leave and my return to work.

I look forward to hearing back from you.
Yours faithfully,"

Oh bollocks.

I should have read the DirectGov website first, and added in the SMP calculations as my agency are trying to fob me off with Maternity allowance when I'm qualified for SMP :mad: Poo! lol

I'm agency too, send a second letter stating the above. lol look on hmrc website, document E15, tells you all the rights etc, as long as you have worked for the agency for 1 week longer than you have been pregnant and are working for them in the qualifying week (25w) and it has been continuous work you get smp!

Oh bollocks.

I should have read the DirectGov website first, and added in the SMP calculations as my agency are trying to fob me off with Maternity allowance when I'm qualified for SMP :mad: Poo! lol

I'm agency too, send a second letter stating the above. lol look on hmrc website, document E15, tells you all the rights etc, as long as you have worked for the agency for 1 week longer than you have been pregnant and are working for them in the qualifying week (25w) and it has been continuous work you get smp!

Oh bollocks.

Yeah i have babe.
I sent them an e-mail with all my dates and calculations and stuff before I had my MATB1 form, stating I am eligible, but it's gotta go to their HR dept.
The company I work for on assignment is amazing, the guy next to me works for the Union (I work for DEFRA, it's the government) to do with TB in cattle and stuff...The big HR guy for DEFRA is on my side too and said if any problems he would sort it.
As I've been there more than 13 weeks I'm technically entitled to what DEFRA staff get, not what my agency give me :p

Has boggled my mind for friggin ages but I'm glad I delved into it!!

Oh bollocks.

Yeah i have babe.
I sent them an e-mail with all my dates and calculations and stuff before I had my MATB1 form, stating I am eligible, but it's gotta go to their HR dept.
The company I work for on assignment is amazing, the guy next to me works for the Union (I work for DEFRA, it's the government) to do with TB in cattle and stuff...The big HR guy for DEFRA is on my side too and said if any problems he would sort it.
As I've been there more than 13 weeks I'm technically entitled to what DEFRA staff get, not what my agency give me :p

Has boggled my mind for friggin ages but I'm glad I delved into it!!

Woo hoo, thats fab, i've been on contract with the school i'm at since Mar 2011, but looks like i'm leaving here in June, hope the agency dont try to play that against me :(

Are you leaving due to Maternity leave, or leaving because the assignment is coming to an end? xx

assignment is coming to an end it shouldnt affect my pay as i am available to work, it should only affect me if they offer me something and i turn it down (unless it is turned down for safety reasons)

assignment is coming to an end it shouldnt affect my pay as i am available to work, it should only affect me if they offer me something and i turn it down (unless it is turned down for safety reasons)

Ahhh I seee, thats good to know, however my assignment is gonna go on forever I reckon!! Probably still have the same one after maternity leave :p.

Lol, the school I'm at is closing down, only yr 11 here now. So unfortunately that's me done here :-(

I didn't put a letter with mine but I am due to have a phone conference maternity meeting so it depends on the employer, we are going to work out my leave schedule over the phone and i posted it off so she can compare it to the calendar timescale we discuss

You ladies are sooo organised. My head is still in my arse....will definitely submit a letter with the form. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back