MAT B1 form??

ShineyHappyPeople

Reaction score
I was on the direct.gov.uk website and realised I need to apply for MA in February (I don't qualify for SMP) and I need to send my MAT B1 form to them along with the application and it says the midwife should have given me the certificate by 20 weeks but I don't have this form.. does anyone else?? Its a certificate signed by the midwife to confirm your delivery date (proof basically). I'm scared I won't get these things sorted in time and lose out :wall:

Is there anything else I have forgot about? Maternity allowance and the £190 grant which I can't apply for just yet?

Yeah your supposed to get this form off of your middy kind of early on. Everyone gets one. I would phone her and arrange for her to leave one at the surgery for you to pick up ASAP. She will understand that you will be needing to sort things out.

Kim x x x x x

Hey hun i too have to apply for MA as i cant get SMP from my employer but as i last seen my MW when i was 17wks i wouldnt have been able to get the form anyway. Im not seeing her for another couple of week's yet so im hoping it wont be too late for me to apply although on the job centre + website ive read you can apply from 26wks so im hoping il be ok :pray:

Meggiewoo said:
Yeah your supposed to get this form off of your middy kind of early on. Everyone gets one. I would phone her and arrange for her to leave one at the surgery for you to pick up ASAP. She will understand that you will be needing to sort things out.

Kim x x x x x

Stupid question coming up but.. is this the same thing as the exemption certificate?

Maternity Allowance
What is it?
Maternity Allowance may be available to help you take time off to have your baby. You must not be entitled to Statutory Maternity Pay from any employer. You must also have been a registered self-employed person or have been employed in at least 26 weeks out of the 66 week period running into the week before the week your baby is due.

You should claim as soon as you can after you have been pregnant for 26 weeks. If you delay, you may lose benefit. There are a number of conditions that you need to meet in order to claim maternity benefit.

Hth's hun. :)

The exemption certifacate is for your free prescriptions etc which the MW normaly give's you at your bookig in app which she has a part to fill in.

Flossy82 said:
Maternity Allowance
What is it?
Maternity Allowance may be available to help you take time off to have your baby. You must not be entitled to Statutory Maternity Pay from any employer. You must also have been a registered self-employed person or have been employed in at least 26 weeks out of the 66 week period running into the week before the week your baby is due.

You should claim as soon as you can after you have been pregnant for 26 weeks. If you delay, you may lose benefit. There are a number of conditions that you need to meet in order to claim maternity benefit.

Hth's hun. :)

The exemption certifacate is for your free prescriptions etc which the MW normaly give's you at your bookig in app which she has a part to fill in.

Thanks :hug: If I contact my widwife about it now she has plenty of time to get it ready then! :D

NP hun :hug: If your not seeing her for a bit maybe call her and get her to post it to you?! :) Im hoping it doesnt take to long to get it sorted out as my ML starts on the 7th feb but finger's x'd il be ok. :D

I sent off my application form for maternity allowance yesterday along with my MAT B1 form, just give your midwife a call and get her to put it in the post to you.

I asked for my mat b1 at my last routine appointment and she wrote it out there and then, its only a half a4 piece of paper that she signs, puts your edd and the date of the consult, and then you fill in your name and address.I gave mine to my boss, and hubby had to take it to work too so he gets 2 weeks paternity leave (proves that Im preg), they can only issue them after 20 wks though.

The prescription/dental exemption card I got withing 3 weeks of my booking appointment.

Oh god, now I'm worried again.

I have not had any inkling of a Mat B1 form, and I also need to apply for MA as switched jobs before knowing I was pregnant.
However, I can't ring my midwife, because I don't have one. All of my appointments seem to be at the hospital, should I ring them tomorrow maybe?

Everything seems so complicated at the moment! :wall:

(Edited to say that my next appointment is with the consultant and isn't until I am 30 weeks! I feel like I never see anyone!)

I didnt get mine until 28 weeks when I asked the midwife about them. You'd think they would automatically give you these things, just like she didnt bother telling me about antenatal classes until I asked this week - was told they havent got any here but there may be some at the hospital if I want to ring them and find out - Im due in 5 weeks!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back