Married ladies I need your help!!!!

God I so embaressed myself. From the first dance on I was legless. Made a right show of myself. My face was puse red and clashed with my dress. lol

Lol! It's a good excuse to get smashed though! The place I'm looking at for the reception includes complimentary bridal suite so no trying to stagger anywhere!

Hi there,

The only real advice I have for someone else's wedding day is to enjoy it and take lots of moments for just the two of you as it will help you remember the detail and you'll be able to reminisce together about little things in years to come.

Also, get the photographer to take natural as well as posed pics.

Our first dance was to 'In my life' by the Beatles.

Enjoy hon- it's a magical day. xx

Here are some pics of my wedding:

With DH:
n651111496_763991_2916.jpg

With bridesmaids who picked their own dresses in a sesh together:
n651111496_921955_4893.jpg

Pic of our first dance:
n651111496_817737_4817.jpg

Oh also, if wearing white/ivory etc..... don't drink anything with colour- I was on the pink champagne and got it down the back of my dress near the end of the evening!

I spent most of my wedding asleep in the hall lol! I had gastric flu - at least I was 7 and a half months pregnant otherwise people would have thought me drunk lol I slept from like 2pm to 8pm then woke up and complained there was no cheese and pineapple hedgehog :rotfl:

Oh also, if wearing white/ivory etc..... don't drink anything with colour- I was on the pink champagne and got it down the back of my dress near the end of the evening!

Good point! I never thought of that! Your pics are lush!

One of OH's friends is a photographer but I'm going to check out prices for someone else so they can relax.

Hi hun,

My advice is to enjoy every minute of the day - plan in advance but then don't worry about anything but enjoying your day when it comes to it! It flies by!

We got married in May 2010 and me and my bridesmaids made all our invitations, favour boxes, table names and table plans ourselves - we loved doing it and it all looked great and was much cheaper.

Also we got one of our ushers to film key parts on a camcorder rather than pay for a video.

Plus we only hired one car and used smart ones that the family had apart from that.

It's such a wonderful day - enjoy every bit of it!!! xx

Oh and our first dance was a combination of Rule the World by Take That (me and hubby) then Michael Jackson's Thriller (hubby and two of his mates) then back to Rule the World (me and hubby) xx

I got married may 2010 and you can do ot cheap and still be fab! Im in the car at the mo but got loads pics if you want to see any! eBay is a good resource for cheap stuff invites, bubbles, favours, veil, shoes, waistcoats, bridesmaid presents, guest book all from eBay!!
I got my dress in monsoon and loads ppl commented how gorgeous it was couldn't believe was only £200 x
I found a wonderful florist in Bristol very cheap, look around cos I was quoted 3 times as much in 1 florist to the 1 I went for and it was exactly same thing!!

Our first dance was halo by beyonce followed by empire state of mind Alicia keys x
Enjoy it x and do what you want cos lots arguements arose trying to please others so please don't and do it your way x
Good luck x

hey i got married sept 12th 2009. my biggest advice is go fro what you want to have. we made sure the bridesmaids dresses were re-usable for them so it wasnt a one off day from monsoon, they were quite expensive but like i said they can get really good usage! Our first dance song was Angel by Sarah Mclachlan..... We were quite fortunate as phils mother is a vicar and we got married at her church which meant that the whole area of people got involved and helped out loads. For example, one woman owned a reception hall we used, one woman did the flowers (she does them for wimbledon) one woman owned a catering company, we got the church at a discount price etc etc.... we still had to pay for everything but got it severly reduced. My gran makes cakes so she created our cake for us, we printed off menus and order sheets etc and decorated them ourselves.......

i think with the song you should have anything that just reminds yhuo of your oh or a special moment. We were goingt o have angel by sarah mclachlan or a version of the killers mr brihgtside by amy macdonald as that really epitomised the start of our r.ship entirely, butu angl is one of our favourite songs and just makes me cry with happiess everytime i hear it!!!

xxx

heres some photos

Attachments

• flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 3
Awwww lovely x piccies always welcome! Those who made their invites-where did you get them from to make them? x I've seen a dress in monsoon I like but tge nearest one that sells wedding dresses is in Newcastle! Grrrrrr!

you can download fonts offline for a lot cheaper than it costs to get them printed then choose your paper from anywhere.... we then bought matching ribbon and tied them around!! its a bit hit and miss until you find something that works!

Thanks! Just had quite back from a reception venue! Not impressed! They gotta be taking the piss! Back to the drawing board!

Thanks! Just had quite back from a reception venue! Not impressed! They gotta be taking the piss! Back to the drawing board!

if your not having a sit down meal id just hire a function room and do a buffet way cheaper than using a venue that is designed for wedding

Cheers x just had a chat with OH and he suggested we just have a family meal after ceremony and then save what's left of the money x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back