******* March 2015 mummies to be *******

Well I haven't had any further spotting since yesterday morning so I'm hopeful again. I'm just pottering around home today I'm fed up of living in a pig sty but lately I just haven't had the energy. Wish we could take something more for headaches though mine is banging and already took 2 paracetamol ibuprofen would shift it but I daren't take any xx

It's horrible isn't it Rhondalou? I find if I have a headache, I just find somewhere quiet to go lie down and that sometimes helps.
I haven't had anymore spotting but just had to tell OH whilst he's at work which is horrible. I tried to really comfort him but I feel really shit about it because I know I've been so stressed the past few days so obviously I think that it's my fault.

I asked my doctor if stress could cause spotting. She said there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that stress can cause spotting or bleeding so not to worry x

I had bleeding with both my pregnancies (although not with this one), and both went on to have normal healthy babies. I know its easy to say but try not to worry its very common xxx

I'm not panicking over it demaris but I don't like it. I had it at about 11 weeks too and it turned out to be a bleed just outside the gestational sac. At the dating scan last Monday there was no sign of that bleed yet it's happened exactly the same as last time so it's either still there or another one has formed. It it could be something completely different who knows. Id like to be able to stop it if I can x

Did you speak to your mw about it Rhondalou? Hopefully it's stopped now and there won't be anymore worries for you.

I'm still spotting and really unsure what to do. I'm worried that if I ring the mw then they'll just brush me off as being silly. I wish somebody had written a guidebook on everything to do with pregnancy lol x

I tried to call the midwife yesterday when it started but I couldn't get through. So i phoned the doctors surgery and said this is my situation I'm not sure what to do. She said come in today and see the doctor. The doctor took some swabs and arranged an ultrasound for Thursday. They were fantastic and could understand completely why I needed reassurance. If you feel you need to speak to someone then do they shouldn't brush you off Hun. If they try to brush you off take it further. I still have t had any problems since yesterday morning. No cramps at all just a few spots between sometime overnight and 8am yesterday. If you ask for help and do t get it they are fully aware of the crap they will face should something happen (although I'm sure it won't happen at all so please don't panic) xx

Cakey another alternative is go to A&E it will no doubt mean a wait but you will get seen. If it turns out to be nothing which I sincerely hope so for both of us then at least you have your reassurance. Spotting isn't uncommon but as you say you don't get an instruction booklet so when you come across things it does worry you. You should at least see a doctor to make sure xx

Thank you Rhondalou, my OH is urging me to ring someone too but I do suffer with anxiety and over think things. I think I'll try phoning the birthing centre where I had my booking in appt, my doctors surgery is utterly useless. Thank you, I hope for both of us that it's all okay xx

Not pains just kind of niggles that I've been having that I'm sure is just stretching. The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is I have back pain anyway but it seems a touch worse today, I'm sure I'm just making myself feel worse x

It's very easy to make yourself feel worse when you are worried. Your oh is right you should speak to someone. Even if it's just for peace of mind. I didn't think for one minute that I'm about to lose the baby but I still got advice just to be sure. Let me know how you get on I want to hear that all is ok :) xx

I'm a bit pissed off if I'm honest now. Rang the birthing centre and they said they can't do anything for me and I'd have to go to the early pregnancy assessment unit before 9 am tomorrow. It doesn't really fill me with much hope that they will do anything xx

Go to a walk in centre or A&E if you are there they will have to see you. You might not get a scan while there but they should get you one booked. If you go to early pregnancy unit now you won't get a scan at this time anyway so you won't be any better off. My experience of early pregnancy unit is not a good one but it's probably the only place you will get a reassurance scan. Don't feel anxious about wanting to know your babe is ok Hun it's what these places are there for xx

I'm not so worried about getting a scan but getting to speak to someone and be reassured would be nice. To be honest the trust that I'm with haven't been very good at all, the midwives have been so offhand and the sonographer was so bloody miserable. I just don't feel they give me the support that I need, especially as a first time mum. Thank you for your support though Rhondalou, I really appreciated it, especially as you're going through the same thing xxx

We all need support and what better place to get it from than a group of women who know what you are talking about. Another option is nhs 111. Although when I did that for a bit of advice they over reacted and sent out the blues and twos. A bit embarrassing really especially as all they did was call the early pregnancy unit and demand answers on my behalf. Even so at that time they were the only two people who took me seriously so I was happy for their help. That's another story though lol. If you aren't mega worried maybe phone early pregnancy tomorrow and ask to be seen as soon as possible. But If you start bleeding heavy and have clots then go to A&E xx

Oh gosh that'd be so embarrassing lol. I'm glad I didn't ring them now! With the local EPU I have to be there before 9 am or they won't even see me :/ I'm tempted to try the other hospital that is a different trust and hope they may be better with me. Their EPU is open to ring 24 hours but I'm not sure if they will see me if I'm already with the other hospital.

It's worth a try if you don't think you are being taken seriously with the hospital you are with if they say no then go to your hospital before 9 tomorrow. You obviously aren't panicking or you would have gone to A&E. But there is nothing wrong with talking to someone for reassurance and make your concerns known. Last time I had bleeding the sonogropher said they are seeing harmless bleeding more regular as they are doing earlier scans and it's quite common. She said some women have a bleed that gets reabsorbed without any outside signs and some women have a show xx

I am worried, sorry if I come across really uncaring! I've been in tears a lot but I'm just angry at the midwives/birthing centre. I've told my OH that if it doesn't get any better tomorrow then I will go to the hospital in the morning. I just hate going to A&E and feel like I'm wasting their time, as you said bleeds are quite common now and a lot of women have them. I just don't want it to be a sign of something that could become more serious. Also I hate ringing in sick to work which is really silly because obviously baby is more important, but it still makes me feel guilty. Oh I'm such a state lol :/ thank you so much for talking to me xxxx

Hey girls catching up on this... Sorry you are going through this, hope you get some answers! Though I had some bleeding with my first quite a few times, and they could never tell me what was causing it. Could be some soft tissue getting exposed and irritated and then rubbing off, or something along those lines. Try not to worry x

Butterfly01 oh cool :) I wasn't sure if that was still an accurate date for you, as I think a few ladies here had their dates changed, but not updated on the first page. Yay it's cool to have a bump buddy! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back