******* March 2015 mummies to be *******

I'm more excited to see the babe again than concerned about the results. Everything points to it being ok. I won't say I'm not worried at all but I'm sure there's a perfectly innocent explanation. I will be glad when it's over with though x

Thanks butterfly01 :)
That's how I felt too but this morning at work I was just feeling guilty that if something was wrong and I hadn't done anything I would have been so upset with myself. It's still not a nice thing to go through. Will you be getting any scan photos? Xxx

Yeah it's at early pregnancy unit so they will only give me one. Got 5 different ones at thee dating scan. My mum said I could go in guiness book of records for the worlds most photographed baby. Including tomorrow it will be a total of 5 scans and 8 scan pics and I'm only 14 weeks lol x

At least you can show your baba how it used to look lol. The most important thing is the reassurance though :) I don't know how I'll cope after 20 weeks as I'm sure my midwife said they won't scan me after that :( have you got any inkling on gender? xx

At least after 20 weeks you can feel movement that must be reassuring. I really think I'm having a boy. I don't know why but at the dating scan and now when I think back to how it was moving about I just want to say him all the time. In fact I'm itching to find out I have been reading up on theories (can't you tell I'm off work and bored). Most if the theories point towards a girl but I still think it's a boy. The gender scan is sooo far away. How about you do you have any gut feelings?xx

I like reading all the theories too :) have you heard the one that says depending on which side the placenta is its a boy or girl? I just don't know how true that is but I still wish I'd asked which side it was lol. My OH and I have a bet because I thought boy and he thought girl, and from skull and nub theory, it looks like a girl. Since my 12 week scan I've agreed that he's probably right and I keep saying she. Xxx

Not heard the placenta one. I'll try and remember to ask tomorrow. How does the skull and nub theory work exactly? Xx

Apparently baby girls have rounder skulls and baby boys have flatter, longer skulls. There isn't any scientific theory behind it though supposedly.
Nub theory is that you can see a nub between babies legs in some scans, and if it is horizontal/in line with the spine then it's a girl but if it's at an angle, then it's a boy, for obvious reasons I guess lol. I wish there was a way to know as soon as they start growing their bits lol xxx

Go on then boy or girl lol xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 12
Didn't say I was any good at it lol. Looks like a girly skull to me, not sure about nub theory though. At least yours is well behaved, mine was lying on its tummy when she first put the ultrasound on and then kept moving lol. Xxx

It wasn't well behaved it was on it's side facing my back and everytime it was prodded it would flip over to scowl at us then go back on it's side. Sounds a bit like me when Paul is on lates and wakes me up at 2am lol xx

Lol mine kept putting its hands up as if to say nooo stop it and then we got the weirdest scan photo because it faced towards us at one point, it's really strange to just see its skull! Xxxx

Yeah mine looked right at us briefly it was wierd. Poor little mites there they are all warm and comfy and along come mummy and daddy to disturb them. Whenever I find the heart beat and give it to Paul to hear baby moves away and he can't hear it. It's like they already have little personalities. I love it xx

They must be so happy until we interfere, imagine just being warm and snuggly for 24 hours, sounds like bliss to me. I know ours is going to be a handful already :D xxx

Yeah and ours it's going to have a proper attitude I know it lol. Is love to be warm and comfy 24/7 with no worries or cares. No wonder they respond so well to CDs of uterus noises and mums heart beat. I'm going to start playing a relaxation cd soon don't think it can hear it yet but I'll give it a go xx

They start hearing things around 16 weeks I think. OH has told me I can't swear from that point but he should be lucky :p the relaxation CD might benefit you more at this point lol xxx

Yeah I heard 16 weeks but I do meditation and yoga anyway so a nice cd would be heaven for me whether bubs heard it or not. I'm planning on setting a certain time each night for relaxation. I'm hoping that as baby heard it and realises it's at that point that I stop it will associate that cd with bedtime when it's born. I saw a YouTube video of a little girl hours old screaming at being dressed then they played the cd she had heard from the womb and it really calmed her down. Even if that doesn't work if I get an hour of relaxation a night then as you say it will benefit me. It's bonding time too even if bubs can't hear the cd the loving thoughts and emotions will be passed onto him/her that fact has been proven. I explained all this to my mil and she said it can only do good it certainly can't do any harm xx

That sounds like a really good idea :) I've heard that babies will settle to music they've been played in the womb. The only kind of relaxing/bonding time is when me and OH are in bed and I ask if he wants to cuddle with bubs. He puts his head on my belly and kisses it and talks to it, it's lovely :) xxx

Aww that's sweet. Paul will sometimes roll over in the mornings and stroke my belly say good morning to me then say morning you to the bump. He is more practical than cuddly last night he went to the 24 hour supermarket to pick up a bottle of pop and a nightlight for the landing so we can poddle across the landing to the nursery without illuminating the whole house. Also we are going to put the TV on the wall and he has to get a certain bracket to make sure the TV doesn't fall off the wall onto the baby as it's crawling by (although I suspect the last one was an excuse so he can get the one he wants lol). He bought an apple slicer so we can give the baby an apple while we eat because he read that eating as a family encourages better behaviour at school. I'm surprised he isn't blending and freezing small portions of our meals ready for when baby is on solids lol. But you try and get him to cuddle with bubs and he looks at you like you're an alien xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back