Mamas who sling their babies - important!

Melanie

Reaction score
Mods i wasn't sure where to post this so it got seen by our mamas with new babies so feel free to move it if needs be.

I'm totally impressed with the number of new mothers who are baby wearing, i get so many pm's asking for advice its really heartening to see that people are seeing it as something they can do rather than some mad hippy thing lol.

I wanted share this PDF file with you all though, its about correct positioning in different types of carriers. I promised a good friend of mine i would try to get it to as many potential newborn wearers as possible. It really is very important and its so easy to get it wrong when you dont know any better and can have awful consequences.

Please just have a quick look and pass it on to anyone you think would benefit from it too.

babywearing positioning article

:)

Thanks for that!
We don't use the fabric slings, just the padded carriers but we're going to get a fabric one as ours makes us and baby too hot! I'm gonna save that so when we get our new sling we know how to position baby properly :)

Thanks for that Melanie :D I have a wrap at the moment but am considering getting a new sling that is easier to just pop Maddison into. The wrap takes a bit of time to do so want one that I can just do quickly. Which would you recommend? :hug: It was actually your avatar with Thea in sling on your back that inspired me to get one :wink:

Thanks for that :D i can never get logan in his ring sling in the cradle position without his chin ending up touching his chest. he always looks scrunched up. will have to practise a bit more.
Im finding it easier to get him comfotable in his coory and carry at the moment.
I do worry a bit whether its good for his breathing and back being in a sling

:) Yay great advice Im defo slinging my Pip it just seems so practical and I love having her close all the time :) Also because it will be nearer winter then I know she will be toasty from body heat too!

brilliant infor thats i just got a sling from Lozzi and im so excited to use it it will adi me to breast feed on the go and seems a more natural way of carry my son
:cheer:
thank you
:D
sarah :wave:

Thanks melanie I have been struggling with Riley in a pouch recently :)

I think this should be a sticky in general discussion maybe, we can have a baby wearing thread for all questions etc
:D

thanks mel,

My babyhawk arrived today - much cooler than he moby wrap when it's hot - I love it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back