Who dyes their own hair?

Mamafy

Reaction score
I do :lol:

Currently sat with towel on my head waiting for it to dry out to see whether its a hit or a miss :rofl:

I stuck to a 'brazil brown' :D

It's my daughters Confirmation tomorrow so thought a new hair colour would be good :lol:

I always seem to do these things before special occasions.

On my last daughters confirmation I had a 'bright idea' (!) to buy one of those kits where you colour all your hair one colour then pull out strands for highlights :rofl:

What a disaster that was :wall: The strands turn out bright yellow and seemed to cover half my head instead of 'streaking it' :rofl: In the end I had to put another colour on top in order to leave the house to buy another colour :oops: The only colour I had was red and it did cover the strands but then it was BRIGHT RED :blush:

So the next morning I go buy dark brown and it turned out brown/red :rofl: I left it there and over the: next week my scalp was dropping more scales than that of a lizard :lol:

So anyway who dyes their own hair? :D

:lol: I do but I dont go in for those crazy capers!!!!

Nutrisse (sp) 'mocha' and OH applies it :) He's brilliant - sections it off with a tail comb and the lot!

:yay: Isn't he good? :love:

It's a 'country colors' one in brazil brown and it wasn't a disaster :love:

hehe I have to get OH to do mine too, I'm useless at doing it myself I always use Feria by L'OReal, I forget the name of the colour (midnight something?) cos it's been so long since I last did it but it's the blue/black one :) Can't wait to dye it again, it's been years and years since I've gone undyed and figured I should give it a rest while pregnant. Bad thing is though, in the time since I last went undyed, I've grown a few greys!! Noooo!!!!

I use to dye my hair alot but haven't for a while.
I recently had my hair cut and had half a head of highlights. Was so expensive and I didnt like it as couldn't see the highlights properly I was not impressed.
Might dye my hair a dark colour before the baby is born or after.
I'm a bit weary about doing it before the baby is born but lots of people have said its ok.

When I finally do it though I'll probably get OH to help me do it :p

Sorry but :rofl:

I dye my owm hair too, but haven't attempted anything more complicated than plain same-colour-all-over-unless-I-miss-a-few-greys-round-the-sides dye. I was tempted by one of those highlight ones last time though, but I think I might avoid them now :lol:

I do my own colour usually but only when I'm in a brown phase. When I go through my blonde phase I get my friend to do it coz she is a hair dresser. It's almost blonde time again actually :yay: xx

I do too. One of the Live colours i think - Bitter Sweet chocolate. I love it! Looks black indoor but outside you can see the chocolate in it!

I've dying my hair since i was 15....purple, blonde, pink, blue, black, red! (My punk days lol)

The time before last i had roots from my dark brown colour but i stupidly though i'd look good with a bright red. Well...should have known it would only take to my roots! :wall2: So i think i wore a hat everywhere for a week! Plonker. I think i'll stick to what i know in future.

Oh stay away from the highlight kits!! My mum did one for me when I was about 16 and I took the towel off of my head and cried for the next hour at the hay bail that had suddenly appeared!! She went and got a colour close to my own to go over the top which actually ended in the result I wanted in the first place!!!
I'm thinking I may have to indulge in some dye again, bubs has brought some 'blonde' (read silver) highlights with him/her!

omg i found a "special" grey hair the other day :shock: i almost died!! dunno how i can get one there but not on my head!!

yes I had one of those too.....it was a traumatic moment!

I don't dye my hair, I love love love the natural colour of my hair! x x my mum dyes her own hair and I have witnessed many (frankly hilarious) mishaps!!! x

i dyed my hair the other day!
i used schwartzkopf XXL live in real red!
i love it, it's all bright and shiny :D

I dye my own hair! AND half the bathroom with it! I've been all the colours under the sun, pink, blue, red, green, black,

Now have settled for a Loreal semi perminant that is dark - almost black indoors but outside its very purple!

omg last time i did mine was when i was newly pregnant with katie, and i did it a reddy-purply colour, jesus it was all over the tiles in the bathrrom and never came off, was lie a blood bath!!

Not to mention getting it all over your face, back and arms! Nightmare!

My god, alot of people colour thier own hair dont they? Its people like you that put me out of business, lol!

Nah, I'm a hairdresser so always have mine done at work. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back