sling wearers

skatty

Reaction score
I have a freedom pouch sling and even though its adjustable it just hangs too low and my back is now in bits and I can only wear it for about 5 mins. Can someone please suggest a comfortable sling that won't strain my back and shoulders. I am off to London in a few weeks and need it before then. I have 2 conventional baby carriers but apparantley they are not so good for the babies back, I am 5 ft 1 so I am especially interested to hear what the shorter baby wearers are using :D

I would definitely go for a Mei Tai (oriental sling) as I had trouble with other types hurting my back too (we're the same height)

I posted this link before by think this site is really good. Check out the sling photos thread for ours in the flesh!

http://www.babyhawk.com/

Im 5ft 1 too katt. I've got the freedom pouch and it sucks. I just dont wear it anymore.

A Mei Tai or fitted pouch will work loads better hun. my babyhawk is great because Richard can wear it too. I also recommend www.babe-a-gogo.com pouch slings. I wear a medium but it has instructions for measuring yourself properly. They come from the USA but i got mine in 4 days to Hungary. Brightsparks slings are great too.

Ring slings are ok but i wore one through the airport and it set the alarms off :D

The first couple of times i used my Mei Tai i needed Richard to help me put it on but now i do it myself in seconds, it just takes some practice Katt. Wear it around the house a few times and you'll be sorted.

That MT is gorgeous! BUY IT!

I bought it! I'm excited now, Leorah loves being in the sling and its so handy when i take her and Princess out but my back is killing me!

Do you ever wear Thea on your back?

I showed Martin all your slings earlier Mel and just now I went in and told him you encouraged me to buy another and he said you are dangerous :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: hehehe im dangerous

I've worn Thea on my back a couple times but right now im still doing mainly the front carry with her because she is still light enough.

what sort of weight are they when they get too heavy for your front?

xxxx

Its a personal choice but most people move their baby to their back in a Mei Tai when they reach around 8-9 months. I have friends who still carry their two year olds on their fronts though.

thats a gorgeous MT!!!

definitely for a girl lol, when Jamies in the sling people think he is a girl!!!!

i have a ring sling, easiest one on me as im 5ft 4!!

ooo Just seen this I looove slings

I have a wrap sling that is sooo comfy and you wrap it yourself it's fully adjustable, and you can wear your baby at your front (facing out or in) on your back or on your hip

heres a pic
morepics004.jpg

I love the look of your sling to Skatty you'll have to post some pics with it on to show us all.

xSuzx

Suz that is such a lovely pic and a great sling :)

Tasha we have a freedom sling which is a similar shape and Leorah has always loved it. When she was a newborn we put her in the cradle position and now she's older she sits kind of upright in it so she can be nosy :lol:

I tryed her in the cradle position and she doest seem keen at all, maybe ill wait until shes abit bigger :D

tasha, i've got the same one, and alice & i love it.

i want to get a thiner one for around the housethough.

My sling came and I am so dissappointed! It has an open seam at the top, a small hole and some frayed material! I have complained to the seller and sent pics which he said he'd look at and see if I need to send it back :shock:

He hasn't got back to me but I read the store policy and they refund but not postage which means I will lose more money than I paid for the actual sling, about £30!! Can I claim my money back through paypal? I don't want an exchange I want a full refund. He has great feedback but I don't want a sling that obviously has not been checked properly!

Its a shame because its gorgeous but I'm not going to risk Leorah's safety and why should I lose out when its not my fault?

You should be refunded original cost and all extras as the item was not fit for the purpose it was sold for!

Would you accept an exchange?

I'd rather not now because I am not happy with this one, I just want my money refunded so I can buy elsewhere.

Push for it then, it's your right!

Let us know what happens :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back