MAGIC MEDICINE

*sam*

Reaction score
Just to let you all know that I bought some of that cough medicine from asda (own brand - not in a box). The only active ingrediant is guaifenesin (100%)!!! It was only 81p!!!
I started to take it today and it just reminded me to post this, just incase anyone is looking for some.
Oh, it tastes nice aswell, cherry flavour. :D
Good luck all ttc!!!
***baby dust***
Sam xx

Oooh, thanks for the tip Sam, I think I'll buy some of that.

I am really impressed with the cough medicine idea - was a bit sceptical I have to admit but bought some anyway (give anything a go once) and I have noticed a definite change in my cm for the first time ever - this morning it was like the egg whites that everyone decribes (sorry if tmi!!) and I'm sure it's down to the cough medicine, I'd advise all ttc'er's to buy some!!

Ditto Dippy, this morning have loads of egg whites, I can't believe how good it is.
The only bad point is still have neg on my ov tests!!! Bloody rubbish!
Saying that, I've been off work sick or two days, got this flu bug thing thats going round. (for the 2nd time aswell- downside of working with kids, you pick up everything!) OH says he doesn't fancy BD while I'm ill, to be honest I'm not in the mood either, but if I get a pos result on my ov sticks I said he'll just have to put a bag over my head and get on with it :oops: LOL! :lol: :lol:
Sam xx

lol awww sorry your poorly sam hun hope you feel better soon xxxx

Aw Sam, get well soon. It's really going around at the mo.

I'll be really interested to see how this medicine goes this month. I have to confess to feeling sceptical about it mainly because it seems like such an odd way to increase CM.

Tho if any of you get PG this month on the stuff, I will be on it next month like a flash! :lol:

AWWWW, thanks for your well wishes rach and helen! :) Still feel like death :( but I went back to work this morning with a big scarf over my face, all the kids stayed away, looking at me like I have the plague or something!
Helen, it does seem odd, the medicine thing, doesn't it!? I'll give anything a go though! I hope I do get pg this month on it, I'll let you know how I get on. If I ever ovulate that is! :(
Lots of Love and baby dust to everyone
Sam xx

yep i'm jumping on the cough medicine band wagon this month! got nothing to lose trying it, lets just hope it works for all of us!

Good Luck

x

Hi

I used the cough medicine last month for the first time. I never have egg whites... but after just 2 full days of taking the medicine i got loads of it.... i was so happy i left work early (dentist appointment...... wink wink) managed to catch DH before he left the house for his evening shift for a bit of BDing... good fun but i still got AF......

I love the medicine....

Just an update.

Well, the medicine did give me more cm and we bd every day around my ov period and STILL no luck!!!!! Af came today, am so upset. (again) :cry:
So.... Here's to next month.......again!!!!!
Going to try and relax a bit more this time, I think I'm a bit too obssesed with it all.
On a more happy note, IF we do get caught next month, I am due af (grrrr!!!) on OH's 30th birthday and we will also be in Paris (where I'm taking him for his b-day). What a nice present a nice bfp would be for him. (and me!) :)
Hope you all have more luck than me this month!
Sending out a baby dust hurricane to you all.
Love Sam xx

Sam.

I was really quite ill on our honeymoon. Normally this would put us off BD, but we knew that I was ovulating so we carried on as normal.

It worked, BFP!

If you know you are ovulating, go for it!

if you can't cope with face to face you could always have a nice relaxing spoons BD!

Go for it!

Great - was just wondering where I can get some from...

Even the fertility experts recommend it.. Toni Weschler [Taking Charge.... book] says to use it to increase CM so it cannot be bad news...

for me anything is worth a try as since my m/c have had almost NO CM at all... so will try the medicine this month.. if nothing else just to see if I can produce any fertile CM at all...

sorry AF arrived Sam.. I know how disappointing it is but give it a week and then you can start to focus on the crucial week of the cycle again and all that fun BD'ing again... :wink:

Sorry your AF has arrived Sam, we all know how that feels. Treat yourself to some choccie and wine tonight, you deserve it.

A romantic break in Paris could be just the medicine, never mind cough medicine when you've got that to look forward to.

Anna Marie, you can get it from Asda - their own brand. 81p, the only active ingredient is guifesin (however you spell it). I must admit, I had one mouth full and it's DISGUSTING. I went back to benylin but I haven't really stuck with it this month. I normally have a lot of CM anyway but didn't last month for some reason. This month is much better.

I'm definitely going to try the cough medicine if I get AF this month which I suspect I will. :(

Did anyone see the article in You Mag a couple of weeks ago about traditional chinese medicine for women who are having difficulting conceiving?

If anyone is interested, I can scan it in and e-mail it if you PM me with your e-mail address.

Lucyx

was just reading back on this thread and it looked like everybody who tried this asdas own brand of cough medicine with that active ungrediant in is now pregnant- just a coincidence?? i might have to get some. :pray:

Hi rusks, I actually didn't get preg on the medicine.
We gave up trying to concieve for a while (while I was waiting for a hospital appointment-apparently I didn't have enough male hormones in my body to concieve) and the first month we stopped trying I got pregnant!!!
We broke all the rules of ttc,we concieved while I was on top, I went to the loo straight afterwards, no legs up in the air, nothing.......
I felt sick about a week after and thought I was getting a bug......but low and behold I was pregnant....against all the odds.
The best thing I can recommend is to not try so hard...try to enjoy yourself and go with the flow. While we were ttc, I was so anxious all the time, waiting to test for ovulation...then waiting to see if my period came....then testing. The stress of it all counteracts all the bd I'm sure.
Good Luck and babydust to you and all others ttc
xxx

I don't really post anymore, but I had to on this thread as we tried this cough medicine & after nearly 8 months of trying we fell pregnant the first month of taking it.

There were other factors which I think affected us not getting PG in previous months which were to do with worry and stress, but its definately worth a try with the medicine in my opinion!!

Good luck!!

erm.....i think i missed something.....whats all this about cough medicine?? lol xx

:lol: me too! i will def give this a try if i dont get my bfp soon!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back