Is there any nice tasting cough medicine???

Trudyscrumptious76

Reaction score
Last night I bought the Asda's Cherry (yeah right) cough medicine with that guaifenesin stuff in. It tastes vile. I'm just getting over a tummy bug too so that doesn't help.

Does anyone know of any that taste nice, heck I'll settle for okay! Price is no problem. No point it being cheap if I can't drink the stuff!
:lol:

I love Buttercup syrup that tastes lovely. Depends on how bad your cough is though I don't think it is for chesty coughs

Emma x

boots own is nice, its blackcurrant flavor and is about 2.20:)

LOL - I brought the Meltus Family stuff. I got it in Superdrug for about £3.75. Its the only one I could find with no anti-histamines (sp) no alcohol, decongestants or anything mean to CM in it.

Its only got 50mg of guaifenesin though which means you'd need loads of it considering the reccomendation is 2 teaspoons (200mg) taken 3 times a day and up to 4 teaspoons (400mg) 4 times a day so you'd be pratically downing bottles of the stuff! For that price its prob not worth it.

I gave up after the first day as its Honey & Lemon flavour and really tastes of honey which I hate :puke:

Sorry cant be much help hun :think:

Agreed, Boots own is acceptable. I bought some yesterday as I have a chest cough then came to realise it will also benefit me in TTC! It is mildly Blackcurrant flavour, it still has an icky twang but I can drink it without needing to down loads of water afterwards!

Ooh i've just thought Covonia is lovely, but its strong

Thanks ladies, looks like i'm off to boots tonight. It's the only thing I haven't tried so who knows. This could finally be my month. If not at least I'll be cough free for a month! :rotfl:

you can buy tablets instead if you wanted, i found them on ebay

Hiya, when i was TTC i discovered this
tixylix.jpg

Yes i really did take a pic lol! Anyway tasted rather nice!
Good luck!

i must be weird cos i am loving the taste of asda's own cherry flavour :lol:

the sainsbury's one isn't very cherry, but tastes like it would get you high if you drank much of it. But you'd probably :puke: first

I think the boots one is on offer at the mo as I bought it for £1.99...nearly finished it though :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back