Luna's Post-Mortem results

Simoneh00

Reaction score
I know a few of you have followed mine and luna's journey from day 1 so I thought I would do a proper thread for her results.
Consultant rang earlier as I was meant to have an appointment with him but obviously I had no idea :wall:

Luna was perfect. Inside and out and genetically. Some of her organs were slightly smaller than should be bit that was no cause for concern.
Her placenta on the other hand had areas with little or no blood supply. Its unclear why this happened but she most certainly died because of the low blood supply. Unfortunately this cannot be picked up on scans as they check for cord flow and her cord was ok. I also asked if it was my blood clotting that caused it as I wasn't very good at remembering to take my aspirin but he said he really doesn't think that was the issue but will check my bloodshot again anyway and repeat the sample from me.

So basically my body sucked at making her placenta and that's why she fell asleep. No one could have spotted it or could have stopped it. Stupid placenta. I thought I would feel relief but I don't xxx

I'm glad you have some answers hun but I know they are offering you little comfort <3 sending you the biggest hugs ever <3 xXx <3

Luna is a very special little angel and she was here for a reason, she will be in your heart forevermore xxx <3 I can't even begin to imagine the personal torture you have been through waiting for these results but I hope it eases just a few of them thoughts xx big big hugs babe xxx

Last edited:
I'm glad you have some answers hun but I know they are offering you little comfort <3 sending you the biggest hugs ever <3 xXx <3

Thanks huni <3 I guess I was just hoping they'd say - this is what happened here's how we can stop it happening again. Instead its all vague and no real reason xx

Xxxxxxxxx I echo what Jellytots has said. I was struggling to find any words but I feel she has put what I feel for you perfectly. So much love to you all x

I did look it up earlier after speaking to you and it does say that pre ecclamsia basically stops the blood flow to the placenta and that's why it stops working but what that means in terms of the results I don't know babe. I don't know if it means it stopped working because of the pre ecclamsia or that the placenta had problems before that :( x I'm sorry I can't be of more help babe x Did he say he would speak to you again once he has re-looked at the blood work? Xxxx

Wish I could give you proper hugs xxx

I did look it up earlier after speaking to you and it does say that pre ecclamsia basically stops the blood flow to the placenta and that's why it stops working but what that means in terms of the results I don't know babe. I don't know if it means it stopped working because of the pre ecclamsia or that the placenta had problems before that :( x I'm sorry I can't be of more help babe x Did he say he would speak to you again once he has re-looked at the blood work? Xxxx

Wish I could give you proper hugs xxx

He's sending me an appointment out to see him as he wants to discuss future planning too xx

I'm glad you've got the results but I'm so sorry they're not giving you any comfort x
Thinking of you and sending you massive hugs xxxx

Well maybe he can explain a little more at the appointment then hun, I know it still leaves questions in your mind but when you see him you will get to ask what you need to <3 glad they are helping you with future planning too xxx that's going to be difficult enough with everything that has happened but having a consultant who understands what went wrong take care of you in future will help stop it ever happening again x if there was a way to take the pain away for you hun we would do hun but we are here if you ever need to talk x <3 lots of love xxxx

So sorry hun some babies are just too beautiful for this world and there is no good reason they are taken x

Big hugs hun

Maybe the fact there is no conclusive reason this happened will eventually be a positive thing?

You've had two healthy babies sweetheart, it means your body can do it and there isn't any awful underlying problem that is going to steal any future babies??

It was one of those terrible but unique things to have happened, but there is no reason for it ever to happen again?

I know it's going to be scary for you, I know you just want a solution - a way to "look after" the next baby and the results haven't given you this.

I hope in time you can begin to have faith in your body again sweetie as you deserve your happy ending.

xxxxxxxxx

So sorry it hasn't made you feel more at ease and hope your appointment helps a little more xxxx

So sorry that the results havn't really given you the answers you needed. A huge thank you for sharing with us too...that takes alot. I have followed your story since joining PF and have to say that the courage and strength you have shown is nothing short of amazing.

I would suggest that you write down any questions, no matter how small you think they are, and take them with you so you address everything that crosses your mind between now and then. Such a beautiful little girl and such a gorgeous name. Take Care hun xxxx

I think you are so brave for sharing this with us and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Any information like this is so useful but so difficult to get. I think you sharing what you have been through has help quite a few people raise awareness of a very delicate and painful situation, this can only be for the good. I'm sorry it's no relief or comfort right now but I do agree with Nat in that you have grown 3 beautiful and perfect babies. You can do it and I hope that future planning helps you move forward with adding to your family soon. :hug:

So sorry you and your family are going through this, you are so brave and the fact you shared this with us is commendable. She will be forever with you hunny, big hugs :hugs: xxxxx

Sorry you've been through this. I hope when you go to your appointment they can explain in more depth. :hug: x

It's little comfort but at least now you know what happened to Luna wasn't genetic so you don't have that added concern for your next baby. Huge hugs, you are an amazing lady xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back