Low AMH! And it just gets worse!!!!!!

laurat

Reaction score
Im so tired of bad news. No response to fertility drugs clomid and letrazole! MC last year. No ovulation since then! Now slap me right in the face world with a low AMH result! Im 32 and the result is 5.9! Doesnt mean ill be seen any quicker on the NHS still a 18 month minimum wait for the next step of treatment (IUI)! Life sucks Im sick of it!

Aw, i'm sorry :hug:

You should be seen quicker though. You need to contact your PCT asap and explain the situation to them and tell them that even though you are not nearly 40 that you fall within the low fertility range and your time is running out.

There must be something that they can do.

I remember being told that they can push through women who are reaching 40 when i was pestering about waiting times and i'm sure they must be ableto push you through too.

Get your GP to support you!

Hon I know it is hard but try not to focus too much on the amh level. It is very new out and what they dont know is how many women over the years have conceived with a low amh. Actually 5.9 is not that bad at all. I have read a great deal about amh level and there are still lots of women out there who conceive with levels of 1 & 2. In fact i know someone who had irregular periods with a amh level if 7 who still conceived naturally so don't dispair. If it was 0.1 i would be saying ok that's really low but it is not. I am sorry you are having a bad day. Hugs gizzy xxxx

Oh Laura I'm so sorry doll. The waiting times are bad enough for me with unexplained but I really think the nhs should be doing more for you than they have done. Extremely frustrating! I was in tears when they told me the waiting times (i know were both at GRI) officially the longest waiting times ever! I really understand how crushing this is. Didn't you say you were gonna be getting iui.in Oct same as me? All the best folk are getting iui then :lol: there's not much more I can say just want to give you a big hug Xxx

Gizzy, AMH isn't a test to indicate fertility today but fertility for the future :)

So being within the low range doesn't mean that Laura is less likely to conceive necessarily but that she is closer to the day that she won't be able to conceive anymore and who knows if that might be within the next 18 months or not.

Laura, so sorry Hun! :hugs::hugs:

In my area and Louise B's there is a really good private clinic that you can get referred to the GP has to apply to your PCT for funding...

Can you go back to your GP and speak about referring you somewhere else, I reckon Louise B will tell you the best way to research your area, you need to get away from the hospital you're at, I don't think they know what to do with you, I don't even know if IUI is the answer, the NHS don't do enough diagnostics, they give everyone, LH, FSH, CD 21 bloods, and ultrasound then Clomid then IUI, without having a reason!

xx

Ohhh Laura I am so sorry hun :hugs:

I agree with Lou and Maybe you need to see someone who understands you better and can offer you better treatment, is going private possible for you financially??

Sorry hun, hope you get sorted soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back