Im not going down without a fight!

laurat

Reaction score
Right ladies shit news I got Fri but Im not out yet. Have a few ideas and questions if you lovely ladies read and indulge me with your thoughts. Im 32 years of age. Got pregnant naturally Feb last year first try with tracking my ovulation. All good with hubbys sperm. MC naturally no d@c before 7 weeks. No cycle since.

Previously to that was on the depo injection for 9 ish years. (devil contraception). Came off it July 2009 when I got married, went to dr July 2010 as no cycle came back. Was told at 16st 6lbs I was too obese. Began a weight loss journey then and at 5% loss of weight my ad returned. Regular as clockwork. On the day of mc so I got pregnant when I weighed 10st10lbs. Just in the healthy BMI. Continued to loose weight after mc and Im currently down at 8st 10. Healthy BMI of 20.2. Basnearly 8 stone in a year and a half.

At all points of fertility appointments I asked could my weight loss be the reason for my ammenoreha. Was told no. Im a healthy BMI. Then Fri the dr suddenly pipes up that my weight loss may be the main factor. She suggested maybe putting on a bit incase my body feels its too low weight and the pituitry gland shut down. Now Im actually quite furious at this. I asked this soany times and was told it wouldnt be the case. Im maintaining my weight now well as I thought it was the right thing. Do I now put on a bit to see?

Also my low AMH is a worry but I stil have eggs. Should I freeze some? If I do run out can I get egg donation in this country?

They are also giving me another dose of letrazole and if at cd 12 scan theres not a follicle Ive to take the injections anyway to see if that works. This really is last chance.

Im phoning the royal to speak to someone on Mon to argue my case of skipping the queue. Im 32 healthy and have low AMH surely I can be seen quicker!

Ever

My cycles also went wacky after mc, don't know why???
Wouldn't you have had bloods done that check pituitary function?
If you lost weight gradually and sensibly (which I assume you did) and are now a healthy weight (so not underweight) then surely that wouldn't effect cycle greatly would it?
Sorry to reply to your questions with a load of questions xx

I have had tests but but what Ive been told my gland has shut down. Not working at all. Now previously I was told that it was possible due to the mc and that that can happen.

I am considered to have had a healthy weight loss and yes I am in the healthy BMI but in the lower side of it now. Ive now done a lot of researching weight loss and ammenoreha and it is actually quite common. It wasnt rapid per say but I guess quite quick. My gland did stop working when I was overweight perhaps can it be particularly temperamental?

Last edited:
Perhaps, yeah.
Is there any way to kick start it again hun? x

Well they have tried to with clomid and letrazole to no result. Still got one more dose and injections of that to try but next step after that is ovulation induction which I have to wait for on the NHS.

Morning Laura I am so glad you got your fighting spirit back! That is great. Plus well done on losing the weight that is brilliant and I bet you look amazing!!!

re the weight loss if you lost it gradually i dont see why it would have affected your periods. However i had a few issues being under weight a few years ago and my BMI went to 19. I was told that if it went any lower it may start to play havoc with my periods. Therefore i put on a stone. That was what my doctor told me. Have you thought about speaking to a nutritionist who can advised you on weight loss and periods? Obviously you dont need any nutritional advice but they may be able to advise on periods.

The other girls can help on egg freezing i do know that is possible as is egg donation. My clinic at Harley street recently asked if Neil and i wanted to look into this in respect of free ivf in return.

Re your amh i really dont think it is very very low but i would now push your hospital to get u seen quicker as having irregular periods or none surely highlights a problem.

I am 32 and Neil is 34 and we were both told that we have time but not to leave it that much longer.

Be forceful on the phone and good luck xxxxxxxx

Love giz xxx

hi, re your bmi - my priv doc and gp have both said 24-28 is a good bmi for ttc. i think as gizzy as said is it on the lower side of normal it is fine for a woman not ttc but could caue issues if u are ttc.

you say you are mainting your weight - how many calories are you having a day?

Hey Laura :) Glad that you are feeling so positive and determined :good:

I think you need to look at your diet today rather than your weight. Do you feel that you are satisfying your appetite? Do you feel hungry? Do you feel tired?

Maintaining is all very well but if your body is still craving food then maybe you do need to increase the quantity of lean protein and vegetables. Do you eat enough fish high in omega 3? I assume your on a broad spectrum supplement.

Your healthy weight is the one where you are medically healthy but feel like you are eating plenty. If that results in you putting on a bit, then so be it. Exercising when malnourished will cause most harm.

Yes I would freeze your eggs but go a couple of times to ensure you have enough to lose a few when they thaw them.

Yes you can get a donor but I don't know why you'd want to at this stage :)

Thanks for your replies girls.

Gizz I had the thought of seeing a nutritionalist earlier today actually so I might go ahead and look into it. I have read underweight can be a problem.

Itsababy I dont count calories so I dont know how many I eat but Im on the weigjt watchers plan and eat the appropriate amount of points so would presume that means that I sm having the correct amount of calories.

Lou I eat a heap of vegetables, fruit and balanced diet and dont feel hungry. I also eat a lot of fish as I dont eat meat. Do you mean I should be on some kind of supplement in terms of balancing supplement. I dont exercise to excess Id say. 3 times a week badminton for an hour and an exercise bike for half an hour a day. In terms if the egg freezing Ill have a look into that then. Egg donation I know I dont necessarily need it at the moment but was interested in the future options. My younger sister had said the other day she would give me some of her eggs if I needed it. Got me thinking is that possibility in the future rather than adoption?

Basically have so many questions now!

Yes, i'd be on a broad spectrum supplement. I always assume everyone is on one just for ttc :)

Like pregnancare or something.

You body isn't going to switch off because you lost some fat, but maybe if nutritional requirements aren't met... Have you tried calorie counting to ensure you have enough including the amount lost from exercise?

Yeah, there is no problem with your sister donating :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back